Anyone in Eastern District of Michigan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone in Eastern District of Michigan?

I am very interested in anyone's experience in the Eastern District of Michigan, especially but not limited to dealings either with the U.S. Trustee or with Chapter 7 Trustee Basil T. Simon.

Sadly, I don't think there is much a a shortage of bankruptcies in the metro Detroit area, so I'm sure some of the members on this forum have some experiences to relate. Indeed, we could probably form a club!

dabusted

Bump -- Info Please!

I know there are others here who filed in the Eastern District of Michigan, and I'd really appreciate your input.

I've read that there is a "nice" Chapter 7 trustee and a "mean" one (although from the court's list it looks like there are more than two). I am VERY curious to know whether Mr. Basil, my trustee, is nice or mean or if no one has ever dealt with him.

Similarly, has anyone dealt with the US Trustee? If so, how did it go, what did he ask for, etc. If not, well, that is good to know too.

Thanks in advance for any information members can provide. We BARELY pass the median and are only slightly negative on the income/expenses. If you are farther along in the process than we are (our 341 in next month), then you know how nerve-racking it is and how helpful it can be to hear about the experiences of others.

Best, dabusted

Comment

Sorry, I'm western. I heard my trustee (a lady) is mean...but my atty knows her and it's not going badly.

The first atty I talked to (another lady) seemed almost afraid of the trustee.

Which brings me to my first unofficial law of attorneys: Female Judges/Lawyers are especially hard on other female lawyers. Can't explain it, don't agree with it, but it seems to be the case.

my 2cents...Find an older attorney who knows your trustee and sounds confident in dealing with him/her.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I spoke to the Chapter 7 trustee briefly today -- and it is a good thing because the email address we had used to send him documents was wrong. I mentioned what we were sending and he said that, while he would obviously have to review the case, it sounded like we were sending everything he would need. He also sounded quite reasonable. We'll know more at the 341 meeting on April 9th and also when/if the US Trustee decides to leave us alone. dabusted

Comment

Is it the same trustees for Ch13 as for Ch7?

Comment

The trustee for me is *****

My case took 9 months..LONG story
            Last edited by Flamingo; 03-10-2009, 05:09 AM. Reason: Name removed.
            FILED June 30, 2008
            DISCHARGED March 5, 2009
            CLOSED March 20, 2009

Comment

Im in the eastern district. Yes, I had to pay $15 for parking for an hour and a half too ... arrrgggghhh!!

My trustee was **** or something to that effect. She was very fair and I really enjoyed watching her, before my case was called. I kept on saying "uh huh" for yes, instead of yes and that made her a little edgy at me but otherwise we shared a laugh and I was very appreciative for her time and consideration.
              Last edited by lrprn; 03-27-2009, 07:24 PM. Reason: removed trustee's name
              Retained bk7 laywer 8-12-08, Filed 12-22, 341 Meeting Scheduled 1-29-09
              Discharged 4-17-09!!!
              Reason for filing: Medical, NOT irresponsibility with credit.
              "Sometimes you have to fall before you fly"

Comment

Western district here. Our trustee is ****. Anyone deal with her? My husband talked to her briefly yesterday and said she seemed reasonable. He won't be at the meeting on time due to work. She just said to try and get there as soon as possible, and if he doesn't we will have to set a new date.
                Last edited by lrprn; 03-27-2009, 07:25 PM. Reason: Removed trustee's name

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X