Met with Attorney today....Feel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Met with Attorney today....Feel

I met with an attorney today, which someone recommended. I know this forum tries to help but like most of you suggest go see an attorney, whether you use them or not. He answered all my questions and made me fee at ease.

Same here. Glad you are feeling relieved.
    Scared to file. Scared not to file.

Comment

Well this forum is great but sometimes getting the straight answer isn't always possible. I had a lot of clarity. I wanted to file by a certain date but concerned because I had used one of my credit cards within 90 days for $200 ( non-essential). He told me no big deal and that the creditor would have to object not the trustee. I haven't used my other 10 cards in 4-5 months...so maybe its the bigger picture???

Comment

Originally posted by chad9162 View Post
        Well this forum is great but sometimes getting the straight answer isn't always possible. I had a lot of clarity. I wanted to file by a certain date but concerned because I had used one of my credit cards within 90 days for $200 ( non-essential). He told me no big deal and that the creditor would have to object not the trustee. I haven't used my other 10 cards in 4-5 months...so maybe its the bigger picture???
        We are as clear as mud.

(Yes, under $600 to a single creditor, in aggregate, is nothing within 90-days. That's pretty clear in the BK code. No creditor in it's right mind would file a $250 fee, just for the complaint for non-dischargeability, not to mention $100-$250 in lawyer fees to submit it. I used two of my credit cards up to the day of filing, and one after filing by accident (automatic payments). No issues at all.)

I'm a pro se filer, so I tend to be wordy. If I don't understand it enough to explain to someone else... I tend to not answer.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

justbroke....thanks and thats crazy you did that....were you still paying on the credit cards?

And as for "claer as mud" yes but I'm glad this forum is here. I have learned a lot and everyone is very supportive.

Comment

justbroke....thanks and thats crazy you did that....were you still paying on the credit cards?
            Yeah, forgot I had "automatic" payments setup! Yes... I had the credit cards setup to make minimum payments via a checking account. At the same time, I had service accounts that automatically debited the card monthly. Needless to say, they shutdown the card pretty quick, so I was scared when I found out I was "technically" still charging. However, not a peep out of the credit card company!
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

This forum is fabulous but you must realize we don't give legal advice on here and you need to obtain that from an attorney; that is why most folks on here state to see an attorney for your own particular situation and protection. BK is complicated and no situation is exactly the same and state laws vary. So you may get a different answer from folks as to what they have been through compared to what someone else has experienced. The attorney set it straight for you.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X