Banker Speaks to me About My CH7 at a School Function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by willbfree View Post
    (BTW dingdong I have loved reading your posts. )
    Ditto on the Dingdong lovefest I will admit I found the avatar a little 'unsettling' at first but now cannot imagine a different one.
    Filed 5/12/09
    341 6/11/09
    discharged 8/11/09
    Closed 8/14/09

Comment

What a JERK. I used to be a lender and I would have NEVER treated a customer that way, no matter how it affected my portfolio. I gave a gal a loan once when she was 1 year out of bankruptcy and I caught H-LL for it because I did the loan. She filed because she had been overwhelmed with medical bills and used her credit cards to pay for them. Long story short, she couldn't keep up with the payments and she didn't know she could work out a payment plan for the medical bills because the medical bill collectors had started calling. Anyway, I looked at the WHOLE picture, not just the "B" on her credit report. She made every payment like clockwork. I reminded my boss that she paid well and he didn't have much to say. lol

The five C's of lending are character, capacity, capital, collateral, and conditions. Character is the most important in my book, not some credit score.

I would have wanted to say a few choice rated "R" kinds of lingo at him. Perhaps the best thing would be to ask him if he realized what the bankruptcy code was for, to help people make a FRESH start so they could live their lives, not to be humiliated for the hardest decision of their lives. Maybe that is why he is now a former manager.

Sorry you had to deal with that jerk and good for you for taking that trip.

Comment

My avatar comes from the fact that I am a newspaper circulation director (What a choice of careers with a future!) and I truly love newspapers. I can't imagine not having one to read each day. The web doesn't cut it.

When things got to the point of bankruptcy filing in my life, I was a freshly divorced single father with mortgages, car payments, credit card debt and JDBs that kept popping out of the woodwork for old sins.

The banker lost his job because of a mega-bank gobbling up a smaller bank. I think he got to stay on for a year or so after the merger, take over or whatever. However, having seen his house; high maintenance wife; expensive luxury cars... I can't help but feel he has one foot in bankruptcy court himself. If he hadn't approached me that way at Field Day, I'd have been inclined to give him advice such as turning him on to these forums because I know that he has to be struggling to make ends meet.

Brown Eyes... My grandfather who was a banker in Germany made several loans based on character rather than the point system his bank normally used. One day in 1942 a police officer to which my grandfather had made one of these loans came to his office and told him not to go home because he would be arrested that evening. That day, after the bank closed the whole family boarded a ship to the USA.
        Last edited by Bell30656; 05-17-2009, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          Perfect response... "so how much bail out money did your Bank get? Are you even solvent? Did you write a bunch of bad loans? Will you be unemployed soon?"

If I replied before you J.B I would have said it the same way!!!

I would have also asked if he or any other executives enjoyed their vacations or "business trips" to any nice resorts with TAXPAYER TARP funds.

I can see if the Disney trip was around the time of filing either right before, during or just after. What he said was wrong to someone who's situation changed long after the bk case was closed.

Does this mean no one can ever enjoy life again after filing???

As for the privacy thing, I have accepted that in exchange for debt forgiveness the world may know what I did and I cannot help that.

Those still struggling with mountains of debt with no realistic way of paying before they die can enjoy all the privacy they want.

Hope Micky, Minny, Donald and the rest are all ok!
          The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Originally posted by browneyes View Post
            What a JERK. I used to be a lender and I would have NEVER treated a customer that way, no matter how it affected my portfolio. I gave a gal a loan once when she was 1 year out of bankruptcy and I caught H-LL for it because I did the loan. She filed because she had been overwhelmed with medical bills and used her credit cards to pay for them. Long story short, she couldn't keep up with the payments and she didn't know she could work out a payment plan for the medical bills because the medical bill collectors had started calling. Anyway, I looked at the WHOLE picture, not just the "B" on her credit report. She made every payment like clockwork. I reminded my boss that she paid well and he didn't have much to say. lol

Can't imagine why you would catch hell for this. Bank's best customers are fresh discharged folks.

The gal who's loan you you approved will certainly pay it all back one way or another at least for the 8 years after she filed.

Anyone here just discharged is a better credit risk then those that did not file and the banks pretty much know this.
            The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

I can see why - some people are still ignorant of the fact that people who have paid their bills on time all their lives can have an unexpected event or series of events that plunge them into BK. I applaud browneyes for looking at the big picture in that case.
              Filed Chap 7 on 3/6/2009
              341 on 4/15/2009
              Discharged 6/16/2009

Comment

What a total jerk! If someone did that to me so suddenly, I don't think I could come up with a response fast enough. I would probably be too busy gaping with an open mouth at such rudeness. Since when did it become acceptable to poke your nose in everyone else's business and judge their actions? And why on Earth is it okay for businesses to file BK and for banks to get our tax dollars to bail their butts out, but we file BK and it makes us horrible and irresponsible people?!?!?! It just drives me crazy how rudeness has become so common place and acceptable these days.

Have you considered contacting his supervisor regarding his actions? He used information about you gathered from his place of employment to try to shame you. At the least, I would send a firm letter to the bank that I don't appreciate their lack of privacy and they need to provide better training of their employees so these violations of privacy do not continue.

Comment

I am not discharged yet but I think I too will make a trip to Disneyland.
                  My wife loves it (more than I) so it would take no convincing for her to go.

Comment

Frustrated, he no longer works for the bank. Actually he has been unemployed from about March due to bank merger/acquisition. I did think of lots of good comebacks, LATER. I was so shocked that I just stood there with my mouth open at the time.

I always just thought that the fact that I'd filed bankruptcy was only known by the big folks in the corporate headquarters of the companies. I really never thought that it filtered down to the local offices.

Comment

Maybe his name will show up on PACER soon, no job, big mortgage, expensive wife, expensive cars, little job prospects in the banking industry.

or....Probably can't file cause it will limit his job prospects, sounds like outright jealousy to me.

Comment

I didn't think to start checking PACER to watch for his name. I wonder how many people check PACER on other people?

Comment

Originally posted by Bell30656 View Post
                          I didn't think to start checking PACER to watch for his name. I wonder how many people check PACER on other people?
                          (whistling)
                          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

WOW. You showed a lot of restraint. That is really messed up.
                            Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
                            341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

Ummm. Guilty as charged

Comment

I think you should send him a post card from Disneyland and say "Wish you were here!"
                                12/05/08 - filed pro se
                                01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
                                04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
                                6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X