Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
    (whistling)
    LMAO, glad to know I'm not the only one checking up on Karma to make sure they're doing their job.
    Filed 5/12/09
    341 6/11/09
    discharged 8/11/09
    Closed 8/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by Bell30656 View Post
      I live in a small town. The former manager of our local branch of a major bank that held my mortgage and was included in my bankruptcy happens to run into me and my six-year-old daughter at a school function. He walks over greeting me like an old friend and then says: "I always wonder how someone who is bankrupt affords to take his kid to Disney World." Then to my daughter, "Did you have a nice trip?"

I thought of fifty things I should have said, wished I said and want to say AFTER he was gone. It happened so fast, that I was totally shocked. I'm just thankful that no other parents were close enough to hear what he said.

He is right, we did go to Disney World just recently. However, when I filed I was truly bankrupt. Since then I've received a promotion that included a 30% raise. In addition, I no longer have those 1st and 2nd mortgage, credit card and other payments to worry about as I live in a paid for mobile home and drive a 1996 vehicle. I just hate for someone to make it sound as if I've done something wrong or dishonest.
      Im sorry.. I usually just lurk... but man oh man THIS one made me LIVID! All I can say is.... 'karma' and "what comes around goes around'.... he WILL get his just desserts at some point in the future... and maybe, just maybe he will remember his nasty, evil, distempered moment with you and feel shame. However YOU just hold your head high.. and dont waste another thought on HIM as he honestly does NOT deserve even a smidgen of YOUR thinking time or attention!!!!!

Comment

OMG! I was going to say the same thing. What goes around comes around. He will get his soon enough.

What a jerk!
        4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
        5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
        7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
        7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

I am usually quick with comebacks. I would have replied quickly with. Yup the whole vacation was charged on the VISA along with my 52" Plasma T.V. The best thing is it was all discharged in BK.. I got it all for free.. That would would sit and resignate with person with this type of character flaw!!

Disclaimer if your new to the forum: Never do the above.. the courts would make you pay for it.!

Comment

The fact remains that you do live in a small town.
            When you filed and the BK notice hit your mortgage holder (your bank) someone at the bank he still knew, even though he was no longer there, violated your privacy.
            Small town gossip and nothing better to do as you know.

Comment

Originally posted by banca rotta View Post

I would have also asked if he or any other executives enjoyed their vacations or "business trips" to any nice resorts with TAXPAYER TARP funds.
              Exactly. Ladies and gentlemen there is one thing I realized going through this. When you are paying these guys fees / interest etc, they consider you a fool. Basically a sucker but they like that as it means money for their 4th LCD in 2 years. When you stop paying or had enough being exploited, then they label you a loser. In reality, what it means is that they are pissed off that you are back in control and that means one less $799 Range Rover payment for their 19 year old daughter.

How dare a bank act as if we are stealing from a charity or church? Their practices are akin to modern day slavery and servitude. They played a huge part in creating this mess yet they have the audacity to look down at us. I understand why they are mad though. We are people they cannot gouge or exploit anymore. Yes what losers we are. lol

Thanks to forums like this, we can pass on advice, experience and knowledge that would have been suppressed in the past. I feel as guilty as their executives feel guilty. So basically none at all. As long as we the people control the country, we have a right to bankruptcy. The day that changes, I'll get my pitchfork ready to drive out the morons that swore to represent 'we the people' in congress.
              Last edited by shabam; 05-18-2009, 07:09 AM.
              My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
              posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by Bell30656 View Post
                I live in a small town. The former manager of our local branch of a major bank that held my mortgage and was included in my bankruptcy happens to run into me and my six-year-old daughter at a school function. He walks over greeting me like an old friend and then says: "I always wonder how someone who is bankrupt affords to take his kid to Disney World." Then to my daughter, "Did you have a nice trip?"

I thought of fifty things I should have said, wished I said and want to say AFTER he was gone. It happened so fast, that I was totally shocked. I'm just thankful that no other parents were close enough to hear what he said.

He is right, we did go to Disney World just recently. However, when I filed I was truly bankrupt. Since then I've received a promotion that included a 30% raise. In addition, I no longer have those 1st and 2nd mortgage, credit card and other payments to worry about as I live in a paid for mobile home and drive a 1996 vehicle. I just hate for someone to make it sound as if I've done something wrong or dishonest.
                You know what? We went to Disney 3 months before we filed and our trustee didn't say boo to us about it. And, yes, we charged every single cent. We also bought a Cadillac Escalade a month before going to Disney. HA, imagine that.

We went to Disney, charged the trip, with every good intention of paying it back. We came home to my husband's paycut.

I'm a member of a Disney board and I took ALOT of flack from other members about it. It was my fault, I should've kept my big mouth shut.

Let it roll off your back. You do what you need to do. Don't worry about what other people think.
                Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
                341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
                Last day for objections: 7-14-08
                Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

WOW. That is so hurtful. And how dare he say that in front of your child! I'm just bristling, thinking about it!!!

It is so easy to judge when you haven't personally gone through this yourself. I used to think that people who filed BK were just low-lifes who like to work the system. Now I know so much better. This is a choice made out of desperation, as a total last resort. It makes you humble (for me, anyway). Yes, our debts are getting wiped out, but not for free - we will be "paying" for this for a long time to come, I imagine. The point of this (IMO) is to be able to get out from under the thumb of creditors that you will never be able to pay off, and LIVE. Taking the kids to see Mickey...you've survived a BK. What a great way to celebrate.
                  Visit my blog and say hi!
                  http://apple-afreshstart.blogspot.com

Comment

It is always later that one thinks of something to say but I would have said something like -

"Yes, we did. And I had a excellent Attorney to help with the BK. If you continue making comments like that maybe you will get to meet him in court sometime."

Also, I think I would start asking around town to others if they have noticed that , "Banker so and so seems to be loose with peoples personal information." - jb
                    jb - A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes.
                    Filed - 2/27/09
                    341 - 4/3/09
                    Discharged - 6/20/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mi bankruptcy View Post
                      i am usually quick with comebacks. I would have replied quickly with. Yup the whole vacation was charged on the visa along with my 52" plasma t.v. The best thing is it was all discharged in bk.. I got it all for free.. That would would sit and resignate with person with this type of character flaw!!

Disclaimer if your new to the forum: Never do the above.. The courts would make you pay for it.!
                      lol!!
                      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeb View Post
                        It is always later that one thinks of something to say but I would have said something like -

"Yes, we did. And I had a excellent Attorney to help with the BK. If you continue making comments like that maybe you will get to meet him in court sometime."

Also, I think I would start asking around town to others if they have noticed that , "Banker so and so seems to be loose with peoples personal information." - jb
                        You know in a small town that may be the best thing to do. Noone wants a bank that's going to tell all their personal business.
                        4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                        5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                        7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                        7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Two words come to mind that I would have said.....
                          Filed C7: 12/16/08; 341 Meeting: 1/22/09
                          Last Day for Objections: 3/23/09 (No Objections)
                          Discharged: 4/3/09
                          Closed: 3/23/10

Comment

Yes, we did. And I had a excellent Attorney to help with the BK. If you continue making comments like that maybe you will get to meet him in court sometime."
                            -Great one, Jeb... I love it! Wished I'd thought of it... Heck, I wish I'd just been able to speak rather than just have that deer in the headlights look.

Two words come to mind that I would have said.....
                            -Nomorered, those words did come to mind but it was an elementary school.

Another school even next Friday... I have my fingers crossed that he won't be there.

Comment

You should check his former banks privacy policies, he may have violated them, even though BK is publilc record, discussing the issue may have violated those rights and since he was a manager, he may have had to been held to a stricter standard.

Perhaps a little Small Claims suit filed against him and the bank would teach him a lesson.

Might be worth it just for the 50.00 filing fee, even if you had no chance of winning. Just to put his former employer on notice and cause him some grief.

You could always dismiss the day before.

I would spend 50.00 to file just to stress him out like he did you. But then again , I am a vengeful B*i*t*c*h!

(Not really, but I don't like to be messed with when it isn't necessary)

Comment

Now, since he was a former "creditor" of yours, he really should not have mentioned anything about the bankruptcy to you. He may have violated the discharge order by making you feel like he wanted some sort of payment.

If you have an aggressive attorney they may want to reopen the BK case and ask for sanctions.
                                7-2-2009 Filed
                                8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
                                10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X