how to defend against things you don't own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to defend against things you don't own

my astranged relatives are claiming i own all sorts of things to the trustee, we simply dont own. Now what?

LOL
    Let the trustee have these things that don't exist.

More details would help.

Comment

i guess thats a good idea or giving the stuff back

Comment

they will have to prove you do own them. burden is on them. all you have to do is say you don't have them.
        filed ch7 May 09
        341 june 09
        discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

ok hypothectically sp? how would one do that? Listen, I'm not worried about anything, i just want stop being harassed sometime soon. this will be my third 341 mtg.

Comment

Originally posted by howtoplan View Post
            ok hypothectically sp? how would one do that? Listen, I'm not worried about anything, i just want stop being harassed sometime soon. this will be my third 341 mtg.
            What happened in the first 2 ?

Comment

You can't produce what you don't have. Let your relatives continue to harrass your trustee. Eventually they will figure out that all the noise has done absolutely no good and that you truly do not have the items they claim you have.

Put your feet up, have a cool drink, and do your best to ignore your relatives' sideshow. Other than responding to your trustee and providing whatever you are asked for (if that even happens), there's nothing to do but wait it out. If you filed with a lawyer, work with him/her to sort out what to expect in this situation and how to best prove you don't have the items in question.

You have my sympathies having to deal with a family that would deliberately throw you under the bus this way
              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I presume you know what items these relatives are claiming you own. If I were in your shoes, I would take a picture of every room in your home, garage, workshed, back of the house or anywhere you might place things.

Just use plain ole copy paper & print them from your computer to printer, or take them to Wal-Mart or Kinko's and have them printed the cheapest way. If there is any discussion at the 341 hearing, I would let the Trustee know you've taken pictures (date them too) of every room, garage, la te da & here are the pictures. Go to your 341 prepared to prove to the Trustee the relatives are do nothing but being nuisances. Who knows, Trustee might tell one of them to zip his/her lip LOL!

Honestly filing Bankruptcy is not an easy decision and a lot of work and can drag you done mentally & physically. I'm so sorry you have relatives who are being Jerks. I pray after your BK a happy medium may be found for all of your relatives.

Luci

Comment

I appreciate everyone's responses. I just can't prove I don't own foreign real estate, jewelry and many other household items. Relatives are simply nasty and on their way to being forced to file soon themselves. Can't understand the mentally ill, you have to feel sorry for them.

Comment

This post makes no sense to me. Well it does, I just can't believe people are buying it.

How/why are your relatives involved? Are they coming to your 341's and shouting out or what?
                    Why do you need to prove you don't own foreign real estate? There must be some tie to you and whats being claimed you own, and it's not a relatives word.

It makes no sense, you got as far as a 341, typically the trustee takes interest in the assets and either goes after them or not. If the assets do not exist he can't throw out two 341's because of them and he can't take interest in them if they don't exist.
                    Something seems fishy, I guess I'm just a retard that doesn't understand right everyone?

Comment

howtoplan, did your relatives provide an address of the foreign real estate? if so, demand that they prove it's yours with a copy of the deed from the foreign country within, say, at most a month. as to jewelery, it's harder to prove either way, so since the burden of proof is on them just demand they let it go.

what is the trustee saying about all this? is the trustee asking you for anything? we need more info to help.
                      filed ch7 May 09
                      341 june 09

Comment

Trustee is awaiting our explanation of alleged assets. Stay tuned.

Comment

we will! keep us posted.
                          filed ch7 May 09
                          341 june 09

Comment

Originally posted by tinfoilhat View Post
                            This post makes no sense to me. Well it does, I just can't believe people are buying it.
                            Tin, sometimes families self-destruct. Members take sides and enemy factions develop within the family. Then when one member does something like filing bankruptcy, the enemy camp uses it as an excuse to go after him or her as punishment, to get revenge, to create trouble where there is none, etc.....it's a sad waste of energy and time. Unfortunately, it does happen. Be glad you aren't caught up in this kind of dysfunctional family.

Something seems fishy, I guess I'm just a retard that doesn't understand right everyone?
                            http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/ht...2----000-.html . Also check out the Bankruptcy Fraud Resource Center at http://bankruptcyfraud.typepad.com/b...nal_referrals/ . Concealment of assets is the second highest bk fraud reported. Read and learn
                            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post

You have my sympathies having to deal with a family that would deliberately throw you under the bus this way
                              I am fortunate in the fact that I have good family, but I've seen people with family like this. They live for nothing more than to make you miserable and will do whatever it takes. They can spend all of their life trying to hurt people.

I think that everyone can sympathize with you on this one.
                              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X