Ch.7 dismissed due to "abuse" AND "totality of circumstances"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
    You are judging. Why? Do you really think that your insolvency is superior to anyone else's?

For instance, in order to earn a high income, I had to incur over $100,000 of non-dischargable student loan debt that cannot be claimed as an expense on my expense schedule and to which I was paying a monthly payment to the tune of $1,500 a month, money that could not go to other creditors.

Also, my over priced education trained me only to work in a profession that mostly hires in large expensive cities like nyc where my cost of living was five times what it is in the rest of the country, etc....

I could go on, but the point is that there are many circumstances that make people file chapter 7 and your situation is yours and may or may not apply to anyone else's. Why judge? In the end we are all insolvent if we are filing for bankruptcy.
    100% agree with you

Outside of medical debts, car loan, and credit cards, my student loan payment reduces my hourly wage to $9 an hour which I was making working to Ross Dress For Less.

Comment

You could take every dime I have away from me and I would still be wealthy. I have a fantastic marriage, great kids and good health. Everyone's definition of wealth is different I suppose.

In my line of work I deal with customers with lots of money and those who are looking for a second nickel to rub together with the only one they have. I see every one of them exactly the same regardless of net worth, education, car driven or square footage of their home. They all have the same problem I am there to help them with.

I dislike those who flaunt their success as much as I dislike those who express their envy with bitterness, jealousy or rage.
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
        I dislike those who flaunt their success as much as I dislike those who express their envy with bitterness, jealousy or rage.
        Preach on brother!
        1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
        2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
        4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

Comment

Say it again!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

You could take every dime I have away from me and I would still be wealthy. I have a fantastic marriage, great kids and good health. Everyone's definition of wealth is different I suppose.

In my line of work I deal with customers with lots of money and those who are looking for a second nickel to rub together with the only one they have. I see every one of them exactly the same regardless of net worth, education, car driven or square footage of their home. They all have the same problem I am there to help them with.

I agree with this attitude completely!!! Nicely worded!
            8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
            11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Touche! OhioFiler: you have a gift...one of writing such eloquently posts.
              You give hope to those who are wavering on filing Bankruptcy. You give statistics to those who need help with Bankruptcy. You post words of encouragement for those who are in the Bankruptcy process and lastly you congratulations those who have received their discharge or closing. Thank You OhioFiler.

Luci

Comment

Luci, those are very kind words. Thank you so much!
                Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X