top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else ever do the math? (I am feeling sick!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bkmaggster View Post
    I have not done the calculations, but what you are talking about is the thing I am most grateful for about bankruptcy. Yep, grateful. I said it.

I have completely done a hard reset on how I look at possessions, consumer services, even food.

I know now that I don't need cable television, or new cars, or gadgets, or designer handbags to make me happy. That's all just filler. I had it all and I still wasn't happy.

I love the creativity that I put towards making meals out of basics in the pantry. I like riding my bicycle, and doing research on used cars that I will buy in cash in the future. I enjoy the time I spend interacting with my husband instead of sitting mesmerized in front of the tv.

I know now that when I do make a good income again (and I will!), I will be secure, financially safe, and happy. No more filling my life up with things and being a debt slave.

Interesting response since I am also "grateful" for the same reasons that you are and when you think about those out there that judge bankrupts some of them are light years behind us in their way of thinking.

It's a damn shame it took me and you filling out bk forms and facing a trustee to realize what's important but at least we are there.

There isn't a single damn thing out there besides emergency health care that is worth risking huge amounts of debt and another bk as far as I am concerned.
    The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Illegal immigration is a huge problem and effects all of us here, either directly or indirectly. Whether people accept it or not, that is the reality. As tinfoilhat stated, in various areas being bilingual is now a necessity for many positions, which puts a lot of us out of the running for jobs. Requirements that if the roles were reversed, would be considered racist period. Not to mention the millions that are employed doing work that a great number of us Americans would be glad to do, to get by or even put food on the table.

Illegal immigration affects everything from our schools, police, neighborhoods, crime, society, quality of life, employment opportunities and even salaries. Personally, when I see someone post about giving "brown people" a break, I take great offense to it. How about giving the people around me a break? Or rather than catering to others, someone here illegally having the respect to learn our native language? and I'm not talking about someone who has been here for 6 months or a year but those who have been here 10 or 20 years, however, don't know a word of English. Or kids who are born here and lived here all their life but barely know three words in English. Simply because our schools are wasting billions hiring ESOL teachers. Bending over backwards to cater for them, while our kids and standard teachers face cuts.
      Last edited by shabam; 08-22-2009, 01:31 PM.
      My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
      posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by shabam View Post
        Illegal immigration is a huge problem and effects all of us here, either directly or indirectly. Whether people accept it or not, that is the reality. As tinfoilhat stated, in various areas being bilingual is a necessity for many positions, which puts a lot of us out of the running for jobs. Not to mention the millions that are employed doing work that a great number of us Americans would be glad to do, to get by or even put food on the table.

Illegal immigration affects everything from our schools, police, neighborhoods, crime, society, quality of life, employment opportunities and even salaries.
        However illegal immigration is off topic to this thread.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
          However illegal immigration is off topic to this thread.
          I realize that but considering this is a BK forum, it is quite significant. Some may be too good for manual labor, well good for them. Illegal immigrants are certainly an avenue that has suppressed wages and even removed the option for many of us to work such jobs.
          Last edited by shabam; 08-22-2009, 01:52 PM.
          My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
          posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by shabam View Post
            I realize that but considering this is a BK forum, it is quite significant.
            I'm asking respectfully, please start a new thread so that you can have a discussion devoted to this issue.

Comment

This thread has totally run its course and is totally off topic. It has been closed.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X