My 341 meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 341 meeting

Well I'm still alive, you guys are right, it really wasn't that big of a deal !! We got there right at 1:00 pm, parking was no problem, only had to pay a buck for that, so we go up to the 6th floor, and our attorney is in the hall way, tells us to go on inside and wait till it's our turn.. I'm like good, i can listen to a few cases before hand. In the room, there was maybe 15 people, so we sit in the back row, (awesome view out the window) as i look around I noticed we are over dressed, hubby had on a nice pair of dockers, and I was in a pair of nice dress slacks, others were in jeans and shorts.. So i took out my notebook and pen to started to write, so I would remember this to come back an share with all of you.. the 1st couple who was at the table, when we got in, owned some property, but was family owned and the trustee was wondering how many names are on the deed, they had no answer,, they also had sold a boat within the last two weeks, so they were asked what did they do with the money ?? Again no answer... then the lady starting talking really softly so no one could here what she was saying, as far as i could tell, they are in the 60 day club..

Case #2 this time around, the lady used my attorney as well, an she was done in less then 2 mins.. You could see how happy she was as she walked out the door..

Case #3 Now this couple had a little problem, the trustee didn't recieve her tax return, so thay have to come back on September 4th, oh did i mention she was useing my attorney as well ..

Now the next person she called wasn't there, so she said will wait for the next group, which will begin in 10 mins.. I tell you that was the longest 10 mins ever !!! tick toc tick toc.....................................

Ok it's 1:30.. she called up a man and i think it took him longer to sit down with all this papers then his whole 341 LOL..

Next up ....... ME & DH.... She asked us, the normal questions, you know, do i own anyting, does anyone owe me money, I wanted so badly to say yes !! My kids , blah blah.. next thing i knew she was telling me thank you and good bye.. I told her to have a nice day, which she seemed surprized i said that, like no one really does that, as she smiled back..

Thank you everyone !!!! Guess I can say I'm in the 60 day club

p.s. I still haven't heard about doing my refirm with my two cars, I asked my lawyer and his B.S. story was it can take some time, so he tells me, you can always call yourself, thats when i said,, why do I have you, isnt that your job ? his reply was well it can speed up the process Is this normal for them to do this, wait so long to do the refirm ?

If i mis-spelled any words, plz forgive me, i don't think i slept more then 3 hours last night....
    Filed on 7-17-09
    waiting for 341
    341 meeting 8-21-09
    discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

So glad it went well for you!

Yeah, the reaffirmation people are kind of slow, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Now get some sleep!

Comment

I called my CU directly, because I had a feeling the bk papers got lost in the shuffl- they were still sending me CC statements. So I called just to make them aware and she brought up what I was planning to do with the car. I told her I was gonna reaffirm and she sent the paperwork out the next day. Your reaffirmation papers have to filed before discharge so it wouldn't hurt to call.
      Filed 5/29/09
      Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

Congrats on your successful 341! Mine is in a week and a half, and I am hoping it goes as smoothly as yours did.

It must feel good to be over the hardest part.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Congrats on the smooth meeting! Mine is exactly one week from today so send me some good vibes
          7-2-2009 Filed
          8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
          10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

great to hear.

Comment

Hey congrats to you, RainMom

As for me, still waiting for confirmation in mail when my 341 will take place although I have a case number now. Will use PACER wisely...after the 60 days are up.

Anyway, best wishes!
              Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
              Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Hehe Sweetie!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((CONGRATULATIONS!))))))))) )))))))))))))

On A Smooth 341 Hearing. Tax Return huh? Think I will put that in my list of items to bring to 341 hearing. An Attorney, Trustee and/or their office staff are human, like we are, and mistakes do happen.

3 hours sleep. Oh Me! I'd be a Zombie LOL! Hope you have a Wonderful Weekend and get lots of relaxation and SLEEP!

Hugs,

Luci

Comment

Good Job

Comment

Congrats on the meeting! My mortgage company didn't send the reaffirm papers until 3 weeks before discharge.
                    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Congratulations RainMom and welcome to the 60 day club.
                      Filed Chapter 7: 06/29/2009 , 341 Meeting: 08/12 , Discharged: 10/16, Closed: 10/18

Comment

I filed our last 2 tax returns with the Petition, because I thought that's what it said to do, but if they ask me if anyone owes me money, I might just explode if my old attorney is in there, because that circus of an office is robbing people and not doing their work.

I'm just glad we got out when we did. I look at the judge's schedules everyday (to see if we know anyone that will be there the day we are...lol) and I'm seeing that our old attorney has about 5 cases every 2 days and the subject of them is 'why this case should not be dismissed because of failure to pay the filing fee'.........OK......if we have to pay her BEFORE she files anything, what the heck is she doing with their money?!?! I hope she's in there on our day so I can see the look on her face.

Congrats RainMoM, thank you so much for the details, that helps those of us still waiting, ty ty!
                        8-4-09 Filed pro se Chap 7 (I still can NOT believe I took that first step!:blink:)
                        8-25-09 Approved to proceed in forma pauperis.:unsure:
                        9-8-09 :dry:Trustee's Report of No Distribution.
                        11-18-09 :yahoo: Discharged! :clapping:

Comment

If I answered yes that crook of an attorney owes me my little bity $471, will that cause my case to stall? Because I can keep my mouth shut if that'll happen, lol.
                          8-4-09 Filed pro se Chap 7 (I still can NOT believe I took that first step!:blink:)
                          8-25-09 Approved to proceed in forma pauperis.:unsure:
                          9-8-09 :dry:Trustee's Report of No Distribution.
                          11-18-09 :yahoo: Discharged! :clapping:

Comment

Originally posted by Annie4 View Post
                            If I answered yes that crook of an attorney owes me my little bity $471, will that cause my case to stall? Because I can keep my mouth shut if that'll happen, lol.
                            Keep your mouth shut on that topic. Trustees are known to go after lawyers for fees. That money will just end up in the Trustee's hands -- if it's not exempt. Just get it over with and be done!
                            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by RainMoM View Post
                              Well I'm still alive, you guys are right, it really wasn't that big of a deal !!
                              Congratulations and welcome to the 60-day Club.
                              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X