Anyone had $0 CC make it thru BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone had $0 CC make it thru BK?

I just pulled dh's reports tonight and noticed that Kay Jeweler & Jareds (owned by same co.) are still open! Ofcourse we had $0 balance when we filed (never used Jared at all). A few others with $0 balance were ofcourse closed. I thought once we filed we would lose all of our accounts, so this is quite a surprise!

Anyone else had an account make it thru BK?
    Filed 8/2009
    Discharged & Closed 11/2009
    Now the rebuilding begins....

i still have 3 cards that had 0 balance, they are open and they are begging me to use them. i use them sparingly just to build credit.
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

What??? Damn you again Music! ;) Which cards did you get away with? I don't have any.
      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

I have one from credit union. So far, so good.

Also checked my credit score and its back at 699. It was down to 545 when we first filed, but everything already shows zero balance. We'll see.
        Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
        341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
        Discharged: 11/30/2009
        Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

699 and you're not discharged yet??? I hate you and music both... Just kidding.

I was very surprised that my score jumped over 50 points in one day just from me getting discharged.
          BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.

Comment

I was shocked Amy - but my attorney said we need to watch for the next couple of years make sure it stays clear.

Our mortgage shows current as does our HELOC and car. I'll take what I can get right now and just am beyond grateful that I have this mountain of debt off my back!
            Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
            341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
            Discharged: 11/30/2009
            Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

I had a cc with a zero balance that I did not list in the petition (forgot) and when I pulled my credit report, it was closed....
              May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
              May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
              May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
              9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

2 cards made it. One for a store that has gone out of business, another for Kohls. I forgot about both cards, hadn't used them in a long time. I activated the Kohls after our discharge and finding it was open on my credit report, it had been sitting in a drawer in the original envelope since 2006. I figured it would be declined when I went to activate it, but after a short hold, which for the record felt like eternity, they came on and informed me my card was active and to show id when I go to use it. Now someone told me it has a good chance of being closed eventually. I hope not, it has a low credit limit ($500) and would be the perfect cc to reestablish my credit. I haven't been brave enough to use it. It's been 1 yr 9 months since I have used credit. I have grown used to this life, but I do think credit maybe something we might need again.
                Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

hey amy, i'm not gonna tell which cards 'cause i don't want to jinx it! and 'cause you hate me! (jk)

i'm being careful though, if i'm with people i never use it (use cash) because i know the cards can all be just closed at the drop of a hat without any prior notice and i don't want to raise any eyebrows when a card gets declined.
                  filed ch7 May 09
                  341 june 09

Comment

Hehe well grats to you! I am very happy for you. I tried applying for a couple store cards but got the big HELL NO! I am trying way tooooooo soon. But ... like... I'm bored... lol. I just want 1 thing to start rebuilding my credit with. I'm soooooooo annoyed at my lawyer for not filing my reaffirmation agreement. I thought about calling Toyota and seeing if they would be willing to rewrite the loan with me or something...but I'm not sure if its worth it.

I hate credit so much! I'm so glad to be rid of it ... but for things like my auto insurance raising my rates because I filed for bankruptcy just makes me so mad. What the hell does my driving have to do with my credit score? Just like when my credit union made me get a 500 dollar deductible on my auto insurance because my "credit score didn't support a higher deductible" ... wtf???

Its really annoying to be dependant on something that is totally stupid and rediculous. You would think with the horrible economy and the bankruptcy rates someone would wake up and realize how dumb credit is.

I mean... you have to have credit to get credit but you get denied because you don't have enough credit.... how retarded is that?

Comment

thank you amy! that's so nice of you! if you really want to know which cards, pm me and i'll tell you, but keep it a secret!
                      filed ch7 May 09
                      341 june 09

Comment

Well you know.... I'm just a nice girl!! :P

Why do I have to PM you? I am always the one that has to PM you.... lol.

Comment

oh, you keep score? i didn't notice that. ok, fine. pm coming.

sorry to the rest of you out there for having to listen to this slightly childish exchange!
                          filed ch7 May 09
                          341 june 09

Comment

I have a Chase card that still shows up as active when I login to the Chase web site. I was just discharged on 9/21, so I haven't pulled my credit report yet to see if it is on there. It's weird because I discharged about $20000 on 5 other chase cards (and they are gone, of course :-) ). Not sure what would happen if I tried to use the chase card open. Maybe I'll buy a pack of gum or something with it just to see what would happen...

Comment

Childish? Oh my goodness.... cyber slap coming up.....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X