• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by livnlow View Post
    Anyone have any luck with these staying open:
    Home Depot
    Lowe's
    Macy's
    I had a Home Depot that was a zero balance and I forgot to include it in my matrix (because it hadn't been used in like 2 years) and it was closed once I filed for BK.

FYI: I was discharged a couple of weeks ago and I've been hanging out on the "rebuilding your credit" forum to get ideas on fixing my credit....anyway, everyone was saying to try Capital One credit card. I didn't think I would be approved because I have a year of delinquent accounts and tons of charge-offs (ouch!) and my FICO score was below 500 a couple of months before I filed ( I've always had an excellent credit score for the past 20 years, around 800 )...anyway, I was approved for a non secured card I've been on a cash only basis for over a 1-1/2 and I intend to stay that way, but I wanted something that I can re establish credit with
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
      I had a Home Depot that was a zero balance and I forgot to include it in my matrix (because it hadn't been used in like 2 years) and it was closed once I filed for BK.

FYI: I was discharged a couple of weeks ago and I've been hanging out on the "rebuilding your credit" forum to get ideas on fixing my credit....anyway, everyone was saying to try Capital One credit card. I didn't think I would be approved because I have a year of delinquent accounts and tons of charge-offs (ouch!) and my FICO score was below 500 a couple of months before I filed ( I've always had an excellent credit score for the past 20 years, around 800 )...anyway, I was approved for a non secured card I've been on a cash only basis for over a 1-1/2 and I intend to stay that way, but I wanted something that I can re establish credit with
      Capital One is pretty good about giving people with less than perfect scores a chance with one of their cards. Unfortunatly, in 2006/2007 we had less than perfect credit and got all of the starter cards (Capital One was one of them).... then ofcourse we BK'd them so now rebuilding will be much much harder. For those of you who have didn't BK cards like Hooters,Capital One, HSBC/Orchard, Home Depot (Citi), etc then those are a good place to start on your rebuilding adventure once your scores are in the 600's.

If dh's Kay Jewelers really did survive our BK I will be thrilled... atleast that's a starting point for our rebuilding. Hate to think about ever using another CC, but the reality is that we will have to if we ever want to sell our home and buy another one (which we plan to do within the next 2 yrs). CC's scare me now
      Filed 8/2009
      Discharged & Closed 11/2009
      Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
        Hehe well grats to you! I am very happy for you. I tried applying for a couple store cards but got the big HELL NO! I am trying way tooooooo soon. But ... like... I'm bored... lol. I just want 1 thing to start rebuilding my credit with. I'm soooooooo annoyed at my lawyer for not filing my reaffirmation agreement. I thought about calling Toyota and seeing if they would be willing to rewrite the loan with me or something...but I'm not sure if its worth it.

I hate credit so much! I'm so glad to be rid of it ... but for things like my auto insurance raising my rates because I filed for bankruptcy just makes me so mad. What the hell does my driving have to do with my credit score? Just like when my credit union made me get a 500 dollar deductible on my auto insurance because my "credit score didn't support a higher deductible" ... wtf???

Its really annoying to be dependant on something that is totally stupid and rediculous. You would think with the horrible economy and the bankruptcy rates someone would wake up and realize how dumb credit is.

I mean... you have to have credit to get credit but you get denied because you don't have enough credit.... how retarded is that?
        Amy, I have years and years of insurance experience. Property and Casualty. You can, at any time increase your deductable without your lienholders approval. You don't need to inform them either you have upped your deductable. God forbid you have a loss, be sure you can afford to cover that $1k deductable though. Yes, you agreed to the $500 ded when you got your note, however, after time passes, just call up your carrier and request they up it to $1k. Simple as can be. They wont be sending your lienholder any notification, b/c you have not canceled your coverage with them. EVEN if you changed your coverage limits, the carriers dont have time or the want to send out notifications to anyone about it, except the policyholders. (There are roughly 133 million insured vehicles in the us. the sheer volumn is imaginable if carriers had to notify lienholders of changes). You owe the lienholder nothing. Other than insuring the vehicle.
        Filed Ch 7. Jan 14th 2011. 341 Feb. 24th 2011. DISCHARGED April 26th 2011. Closed May 10th, 2011. Huge weight off our shoulders! Scores as of 5/14/11 : TU-639, EQ-642, EXP-602

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X