Anyone had $0 CC make it thru BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oblib2345 View Post
    I have a Chase card that still shows up as active when I login to the Chase web site. I was just discharged on 9/21, so I haven't pulled my credit report yet to see if it is on there. It's weird because I discharged about $20000 on 5 other chase cards (and they are gone, of course :-) ). Not sure what would happen if I tried to use the chase card open. Maybe I'll buy a pack of gum or something with it just to see what would happen...
    ITS A TRAP!!! They are just lazy... same thing with me. I have 2 chase cards that had a zero balance and then I had 2 other ones that I discharged like 20k on as well. I can still log into my account online and I can still see the zero balance cards listed as open and having available money. But its not really true. I tested it by trying to charge something on it and it was declined.
    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Hey guys, try using the active cards for an online purchase. That way if it is denied only your computer will know...LOL LOL!!!

Comment

Yea that's what I did... and I actually didn't have to even charge anything to find out. I just went to my paypal account and tried to add the credit card as one of my available credit cards.

When you add the credit card to pay pal it actually checks to see if its a valid card. As soon as I hit submit it came back saying UMMMM THIS CARD HAS BEEN DENIED!
        BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.

Comment

KOne of my CC-accounts is a SECURED card. Would be interesting to know if they would close as well. If so, they would have to refund my deposit, so they might leave it open.
          Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
          FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
          FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Well I just printed my annualcreditreport.com freebie and paid $7.95 for the Equifax score. I tried my Citi card that shows open online. It was denied. I used a family member's card and my score is 640 which is considered poor. Before I had all the credit card debt it was 760. Then it dropped to 672 even though everything was current and never late. Too much debt :-( So, it has only dropped 32 points from paying everything on the minute to being discharged in a Chapter 7. Guess they thought it was inevitable with the high balances. Oh, and my mortgage and HELOC through B of A re being reported as current, never late, with the currect balances so that is a good thing.

Comment

I was 0 for 3. Of course two of the $0 balance cards were with GE Money which I had several other things IIB. They closed them so fast it was like WOW.
              New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Originally posted by 2manybills View Post
                I was shocked Amy - but my attorney said we need to watch for the next couple of years make sure it stays clear.

Our mortgage shows current as does our HELOC and car. I'll take what I can get right now and just am beyond grateful that I have this mountain of debt off my back!
                Same here. Dh actually has 12 positive accounts showing on his reports, which should help his scores come up a little. But he still has several accounts not showing IIB $0 balance... figure I will wait 30-60 days post discharge to see if they end up reporting correctly. If they don't then I will start disputing.

Didn't check our scores yet. Really don't plan to until several months post discharge because we had stopped paying CC's almost a year before we filed BK (so our scores were ofcourse tanked).

We do still have access to our Kay Jeweler account online but it shows $0 available. On dh's credit reports it shows as opened (as it does on the online account) but even when I call the automated # it's saying $0 available. We had not used this card since 2007 tho so maybe dh just needs to call them to have it reactivated or something. Who knows
                Filed 8/2009
                Discharged & Closed 11/2009
                Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

Originally posted by mom2three09 View Post
                  Same here. Dh actually has 12 positive accounts showing on his reports, which should help his scores come up a little. But he still has several accounts not showing IIB $0 balance... figure I will wait 30-60 days post discharge to see if they end up reporting correctly. If they don't then I will start disputing.

Didn't check our scores yet. Really don't plan to until several months post discharge because we had stopped paying CC's almost a year before we filed BK (so our scores were ofcourse tanked).

We do still have access to our Kay Jeweler account online but it shows $0 available. On dh's credit reports it shows as opened (as it does on the online account) but even when I call the automated # it's saying $0 available. We had not used this card since 2007 tho so maybe dh just needs to call them to have it reactivated or something. Who knows

I was thinking because we show no debt now. Everything was showing 0 balances, except the car and mortgage. I agree - who knows!
                  Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                  341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                  Discharged: 11/30/2009
                  Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Our Ch.7 was filed a few weeks ago -and the week after, both of our older paid off vehicles needed work done (in order to run!) - so we used a Barclay/Directv rewards card that had a $0 balance, was not included and had a $10k limit -we charged less than $500 between both cars -a week later, they sent a letter saying the limit was dropped down to $1,000 -for having too many late payments, etc. Did not mention the B word! So hopefully it stays open, we will pay this balance off in 2 months and will continue to try to use it for little things and pay oin full each month to start rebuilding...

A few got closed the day we filed And a few more with $0 balances I haven't bothered checking yet since we do not plan to use them.

Comment

The reason your aut insurance rates go up after filing, is because insurance companies say people who file BK are more likely to put in claims.

Comment

How do you get your credit score? Did you have to pay the extra charge to get it? It's not free like getting a free credit report is it?

Comment

I get my credit reports from equifax ... I get unlimited pulls. Although I'm not sure why. I did just sign up for the credit score monitoring though because I wanna know when its high enough to get my car refinanced.

I was happy though, my insurance went down 200 dollars a year when I added the Ford and removed the Toyota.

Comment

Anyone have any luck with these staying open:
                            Home Depot
                            Lowe's
                            Macy's

Comment

Macy's closed mine like within days of filing - sorry

Comment

This has been the biggest change in the last 5 years. Before, you had "some" hope that certain zero balance cards would survive, mainly gas cards and store cards (they already had high interest rates), but anymore, all CC's get shut down once they find out your file BK.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X