Trustee playing games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BCA2009 View Post
    Based on the way that the trustees get a "commision". If there were some assets, especially when the debtor is willing to buy the asset back (equity in a car, etc.). Wouldn't this be a little incentive for the trustee to give you the benefit of the doubt if you were on the fence regarding meeting the Chap 7 requirements?
    Please read my post above. The (panel) Trustee has absolutely nothing to do with dismissing a case. Things related to the actual administration of who gets Chapter 7 discharges, is left to the Office of the United States Trustee (UST).

This is a separation of powers and duties that work! That's why I don't think we need to bother the way this system is operating.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

That makes more sense!
      Wife Laid off - 11/16/2009 Missed First Payments - 12/5/2009
      Filed Chap 7 - 12/31/2009
      341 - 2/12/2010
      Discharged - 4/19/2010

Comment

Originally posted by PacificBlue View Post
        In my thoughts a trustee should be as impartial as a judge.
        This is why you didn't understand. A trustee is not a judge. A trustee is a trustee and is there for the best interests of the creditors.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Well it looks like I am also caught up in this. Filed on 9/29/10 - 341 not until 11/24. Got a call from my attorney today trustee is already questioning if my business has any goodwill value - sole proprietor personal services -- trustee mentioned $5k maybe to abandon. There is zero "goodwill" value, if I walked out tomorrow could not sell. Seems though the trustee is looking at trying to make a quick $1250. Attorney says they could file a motion to abandon - $900.00. It seems like pure extortion to me.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X