Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK while in college

Hello,

I am a non traditional college student (work full time) planning to file Chp 7 pro se.

I have a balance to my college of about $650 after this semester. This is a balance in excess of any financial aid received. This is not a return of aid.

Questions:

1. School should be included in estate, correct? To avoid unfair treatment.

2. Can school refuse to allow me to take further classes if I BK them? I know they can't refuse transcripts, but I only need a few more classes at this institution to complete my studies and don't want to worry about transferring this late in the game.

Case will be in Middle District of PA.

Thanks
    4/14/2010 Filed Chp. 7 Pro Se :blink: 5/17/2010 341 Hearing :blush2: 5/17/2010 Trustee's Initial Report Filed :yahoo: 6/4/2010 Final Trustee Report of No Distribution :clapping: 8/2/2010 Reaffirmation Hearing (Approved) :clapping: 8/11/2010 Discharged!
    I am not an attorney. You should not consider any of my statements to be legal advice.

I think your best option would be to talk to your Financial Aid office. They will be able to tell you what to expect and if you will be allowed to take classes.
    I am not an attorney and any advice given is simply opinion based on my personal experiences. Always ask an attorney before making legal decisions.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X