top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

non delinquent credit card pre and post discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

non delinquent credit card pre and post discharge?

I had three non delinquent credit cards during my bk process-

two with b of a where i still have an account with.

one was a personal card and the other was a business card(i am a self employed sole proprietor)but don't really need this biz card for my biz anymore and closed the business and the account(which had nothing in it) before filing).

the personal card had a balance of about 1500
    the busness has a balance of about 4500

through the bk process i was still paying the minimum on each card - just because i could and i didnt want them to go delinquent and get hassled.

i did close my busness account before filing because it had nothing in it but still kept paying the minimum on the card associaed with it.

I include both of these cards in the filing while i still payed the mininmum
    , again I did this because i was able to and didn't want to be hassled with late charges and collections.

I soon got a letter from b of a stating they closed the personal card,
    then i stopped paying on that one.

But I didn't get one for the biz card.

my question is: should i contact the biz card and tell them I have been disharged and tell them to close the account and or just stop paying on it?

how would this process work from their end?

If I just stop paying on the biz card without contacting them will the negative mars show on my credit report even if its after my discharge?

Should i contact them and give them my bk info or just stop paying?

Chapt 7 non asset case
    discharged 6/1/2010

I also had a cap one card with a very low balance which i was going to try to keep but i guess they got a bk notice and closed the account. so i then just included that card in the filing after that.

the cap one card had a balance of abou 200.

If they close the account because of bk, does that take care of it or is there some other action i should take to make sure it's final?

Thanks for any help!

If they didn't close the card before the BK was discharged, chances are they will once they get wind of it. I had some zero balance cards that I didn't add because I knew they'd just close them anyway, and they did a few months later after I was discharged and closed.

Someone will most likely chime in soon, but I think that it's covered under the discharge. You're more likely to have a problem with them if you do stop paying, and I would advise if you haven't done so already to open a checking account elsewhere and close any bank accounts you have with BoA. They are notorious for sucking money out to pay off things like this. I'm sure you'd get it back, but not without a fight.
    sigpic
    Filed - 11/19/08;341 - 12/22/08
    Discharged - 2/23/09 ;Closed - 3/6/09
    Got my first post BK credit line - car loan - 4/9/09 On my way to recovery.

Comment

--When they close the card does that mean its done for good?

--do you think I will get bad marks on my credit report for missed payments if i stop paying on the b of a card before it is closed even after i have been discharged.

--will this hurt my fresh start on my report?

because i have a $200 payment coming due soon.

I really Appreciate your responses!

Comment

Why on earth are you paying on debts that have been discharged?Nobody is going to hassle you.
        Any attempt by the creditor to collect is a stay violation and can cost them money.

Comment

I agree, you should not be paying on these accounts anymore. You should have stopped when you filed BK and you could have stopped before then. I stopped paying mine 3 months before I filed. On your business account it was if it was guaranteed you personally it should have been part of your CH 7 BK filing. If it was in your business name with a business Tax ID# it should have been included in your personal BK filing to release your liability from this business debt personally. I own a S Corp(which I'm winding down through attorney) and I had my business debts listed in my personal CH 7 BK so that they would be discharged against my personally and those creditors could never sue me personally.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X