top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exactly WHEN in the process does a Trustee OBJECT to income or expenses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly WHEN in the process does a Trustee OBJECT to income or expenses?

I know the Trustee gets to ask income and expense questions at the 341 hearing.

But when exactly would they formally OBJECT to either expenses or income - on either the Means Test (Form 22A) or Schedules I and J?

Is their objection known during the 341 or at some other event afterward?

When does a debtor find out that the Trustee has either no objections or specific ones?

Any real-life stories would be great!
    Over Median Income - 10/04/10--Filed Pro Se Chap 7/ No Assets 11/10/10--341 Held 01/18/11-- No Distribution/No Funds 01/19/11--Not subject to dismissal under 521(i)(1) AND --Reaffirmation Hearing Held = APPROVED 02/10/11--Discharged

gman....we filed in april and a few days later via email i rec'd questions about our filing from the trustee's office...

everything via email...and 2 months before my 341....so by the time my 341 came ...most questions were answered. so i believe they were "headed" off any objections buy using this method of communication.

the trustee, however, did still have one or two questions at the hearing, but she didn't go far into much of anything since i answered most questions in the emails 2 months prior.

i must tell you i was in shock when i rec'd the emails and let me be more accurate in saying that all questions were first sent to my atty...then forwarded to me to answer and i would email the answers back directly.

i thought odd, but i'm certain it helps the court proceedings go much quicker that way. it was all so new to me!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
      gman....we filed in april and a few days later via email i rec'd questions about our filing from the trustee's office...

everything via email...and 2 months before my 341....so by the time my 341 came ...most questions were answered. so i believe they were "headed" off any objections buy using this method of communication.

the trustee, however, did still have one or two questions at the hearing, but she didn't go far into much of anything since i answered most questions in the emails 2 months prior.

i must tell you i was in shock when i rec'd the emails and let me be more accurate in saying that all questions were first sent to my atty...then forwarded to me to answer and i would email the answers back directly.

i thought odd, but i'm certain it helps the court proceedings go much quicker that way. it was all so new to me!
      Wow. Imagine that...the government actually streamlining a process. It would have to be bankruptcy...go figure!

What district did you file in?

Does anyone else have the same or different experiences?
      Over Median Income - 10/04/10--Filed Pro Se Chap 7/ No Assets 11/10/10--341 Held 01/18/11-- No Distribution/No Funds 01/19/11--Not subject to dismissal under 521(i)(1) AND --Reaffirmation Hearing Held = APPROVED 02/10/11--Discharged

Comment

Wow. Imagine that...the government actually streamlining a process. It would have to be bankruptcy...go figure!
        yeah....right!!! couldn't be with the federal loan mods! (that was a GREAT big JOKE!)

i'd actually not say in a public forum where exactly because our discharge is still so new....and that feeling of the boogy man is still FRESH in our minds...LOL!!!!
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Technically, the Panel Trustee (Tee) and the United States Trustee (UST) have until 60 days after the first schedule 341 Meeting to make an objection. They can also request more time if they have "cause" to continue to review your case.

Generally speaking, you will know whether the Tee or UST has issues with your case either before, at, or within 10 days of the 341 Meeting. Rarely are there any surprises at the last minute. You are generally put on notice by the Tee or UST quite early.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X