After Chapter 7 Discharge Ride Through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After Chapter 7 Discharge Ride Through

My wife and I just received our Chapter 7 discharge last month in state of GA. We have a vehicle financed through Honda that we did not reaffirm and did a ride through. We are way upside down but kept it as we felt it was our best option for a reliable vehicle.

My wife's parents are wanting a new vehicle and have offered us their paid off Toyota at a little less than book plus no interest to pay off and small monthly payments.

Couple of questions, since we did not reaffirm, can we give the car back to Honda and not be liable for any difference correct? I believe thats what we were told when we decided to not reaffirm but want to make 100% sure as we could not afford to give up a vehicle and get hit with a deficiency judgement or repo fees!

On the vehicle we would be getting, how do we handle this, they are okay with us just getting title and registering it in our state(they are different state) but reading on here someone mentioned that this would be receipt of property after discharge but within a 6 month window. Whats that about as I am not aware, and either way we owe on it, title in hand or not.

Thanks in advance!

I can only speak to the first part of your question, Honda. If you did not reaffirm and the debt was dischargedm then yes, you can call them up and arrange for pick up or delivery. You will not be liable.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

hold title

Hello cymancm,

Why not leave the title w/ the folks till your case closes? Doesn't hurt anything and it is standard practice w/ auto lenders to hold the title until you pay it off so it wouldn't be anything questionable.

Just a thought,

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Originally posted by tcreegan View Post
        Hello cymancm,

Why not leave the title w/ the folks till your case closes? Doesn't hurt anything and it is standard practice w/ auto lenders to hold the title until you pay it off so it wouldn't be anything questionable.

Just a thought,

Tom in Colo
        To be on the safe side, I think I'd leave the title with the people you're buying it from also, until your case closes. I dont know much about Ch 7's, but until your case is officially closed, I'm assuming anything could happen with the trustee?
        Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
        Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X