I just filed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just filed...

Soooo. I (well, my attorney) just filed my CH7 BK. That was the first step. My deposition is scheduled in less than 3 hours. I'll let you know how it went.
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Congratulations on taking that first step!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I was waiting for your post. Congrats on your filing!!!! Have a blast at your deposition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Congrats IBroke - first step is the major one - its all downhill from here!

Comment

Congrats!

Does everyone have to go to a deposition??
          "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Congrats on filing! It does get easier from here.

I didn't have to go to deposition, so I'm not sure what that is about.
            Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
            341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
            Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
              Congrats!

Does everyone have to go to a deposition??
              I was about to ask the same thing!

Congrats Ibroke!!!
              Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

Comment

Thank You, folks!

No, the deposition is NOT part of the BK-process. I got a Subpoena from Chase for a deposition. That is the result of a judgement by them against me. It's already the second time I have to go there - they are obviously doing that on an annual basis. So this time, they scheduled it right around noon - on my birthday. I was going to file anyway so I thought...why shouldn't I turn this deposition into a birthday-party?

By filing so shortly before the deposition, I might get lucky and they start the deposition without knowing that I filed. I'll let you know how it turned out...
                Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.

Comment

So, the deposition was easy. Almost too easy because the lady asking the questions was too friendly to be mean to her. So I simply answered her questions (took 15 minutes - at most. I knew I didn't have to but also knew that any information obtained couldn't be used in the first place) and at the end, informed her about my filing. Well, that was it. No huge "bam" - it simply wasn't appropriate this time.

Comment

COngratulations on the filing and the uneventful deposition!
                    Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

A lotta smooth sailing this week. Congrats!
                      Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IBroke View Post
                        So, the deposition was easy. Almost too easy because the lady asking the questions was too friendly to be mean to her. So I simply answered her questions (took 15 minutes - at most. I knew I didn't have to but also knew that any information obtained couldn't be used in the first place) and at the end, informed her about my filing. Well, that was it. No huge "bam" - it simply wasn't appropriate this time.
                        I commend you for your self control. You definitely are the bigger person, I doubt I would have not gone for the jugular had I been in your shoes.
                        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                        AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
                          I commend you for your self control. You definitely are the bigger person, I doubt I would have not gone for the jugular had I been in your shoes.
                          Yeah, it always depends on the situation and how the deposition goes - and especially, how you are treated. If both parties are laughing during the process (due to the bad phone-line, there were some misunderstandings that were really funny), it is hard to be nice and answer the next question in a "that's none of your business"-style (and yes, there were some questions about family members which weren't necessarily tied to my financial circumstances).

When she was informed that I filed, she wished me good luck for my future. When I was driving home, I thought to myself that I might have been too polite but in the end, I came to the conclusion that the people you are usually dealing with are only doing their job and IF they are friendly and treat you with respect, there is noch real need to treat them badly.

As usual, the ones that truely deserve a kick in their butt are waaaay out of reach for people like you and me.

Comment

congrats ibroke!!!!...that was like the LONGEST 40 hours ever...it seem to me...i just didn't want to say it!!
                            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by IBroke View Post
                              Thank You, folks!

No, the deposition is NOT part of the BK-process. I got a Subpoena from Chase for a deposition. That is the result of a judgement by them against me. It's already the second time I have to go there - they are obviously doing that on an annual basis. So this time, they scheduled it right around noon - on my birthday. I was going to file anyway so I thought...why shouldn't I turn this deposition into a birthday-party?
                              So is today your birthday? If so, Happy Birthday and Congratulations on your filing and deposition.

Today is my birthday too, and we just returned from having a nice outing where I had oysters on the half-shell and grilled shrimp--things we rarely, if ever, do any more. So go and treat yourself today; you more than deserve it!
                              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X