Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Experience on trying to settle after discharge

Hi everyone,
    I have not posted in about a week but I will try to keep this as short as possible. No reaffirming first or second and have been discharged for a month. Called bank (PNC) and offered a settlement to release the lien on my property but was laughed at at my proposal. Went up to 5% percent and was told she would call me "right back". Never called. I left numerous messages asking about the status and nothing. Went on the LoanSafe forum and was given a list of numbers on who might be able to help. Called and was told the mortgage department does not handle second mortgages only firsts. However, the person in the mortgage department was able to get a hold of the person that would not return my calls. She told her to contact me and give me an update. She finally called but only after being told to do so. She told me very rudely and very casual that my offer was refused. I asked by who refused it and why. She did not want to discuss my case at all because there were many long pauses in between my questions. I told her I found it hard to believe that only 1 person could deny my offer and why was I not sent something in the mail...like a formal denial letter? She told me I could contact her supervisor. I then asked her point blank if she (herself) was finished with my "case". She would not answer only saying I could speak with her supervisor. I then asked her to answer me yes or no was she no longer in charge of my file. She told me she was not going to take my hostility any longer and she hung up on me!!!! No kidding she straight up hung the phone up on me. I cannot believe the rudeness and the lack of willingness to direct me to the correct person or department. Does anyone here have any advise on where to turn to now? I cannot believe this lady. She also told me that I never called her only the first time I contacted her. That was a downright lie. I left so many messages. Anyone?
    08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
    04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
    06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
    08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

PNC... is hell to deal with. If you've already called Ms. Dishman - have you talked directly to Mr. Cummingham? I dont know who over there deals with 2nd mortgages, but a mortgage is a mortgage is a mortgage - and usually its the exact same people. If the person who hung up on you is Joanne - its par for the course. I can tell you that I've dealt with all 3 people and Joanne got reamed because recorded conversations bit her in the backside and she denied ever saying things that were discussed. That is..until recordings were provided to "higher ups" as proof, then she had alot of explaining to do. After that she's been very very leery to say anything as are any personnel in Loss Mit due to this fact.

Wish there was more I could provide you but there isnt.

Comment

Here are some other names I'd found last year - not sure if they're still correct but you can try:

James Rohr - CEO PNC
      PO Box 96066 Pittsburgh, PA USA 15226 Phone: 800-762-2118

Joseph Guyaux – President PNC (I'm not sure if he's still President or of Rohr is...)

James E. Rohr
      Chairman and CEO
      The PNC Financial Services Group
      One PNC Plaza, 249 Fifth Avenue
      Pittsburgh, PA 15222-2707

George Long III
      Corporate Secretary
      *same address above*

We had sent copies of things to every single address and every person that was in the highest position at PNC - so this may help you. If you do send - send Certified Sig. Required Return Receipt

Comment

This bank and the one it bought out with TARP money have apparently had the reputation for unethical behavior for years. In fact, lawsuits for predatory lending by the one it bought are all over the place. In some cases, the courts have simply ruled that, even though the bank acted in bad faith and without cause, they had a "right to do so." In the process of fighting our issue, we were told by a lawyer, who at first was going to sue the bank on our behalf, that the apparent reason for the buyout was to prevent any payout of money won on such lawsuits by shifting the banks' lending issues to the FDIC, which does not have the money to make the payments. Therefore, we could win the lawsuit for millions on principle, but would never see any money, so he could not take the case on contingency.
        Another investor who tried to buy the note on the property this bank called "at will" on us, wrote that he had never seen a bank refuse to sell a note that they wanted to get rid of to the highest bidder; that most banks tried to get the most they could out of foreclosed property. Instead, the bank apparently verbally declined all potential offers and deliberately discouraged potential buyers, to then sell in favor of a particular group at the lowest amount it could get away with.
        I don't know how one goes about investigating the ethics and conduct of a bank in advance to avoid such potentially devastating consequences, but the small business people I know are running scared of all the banks today.,
        Last edited by jjim120; 09-24-2010, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ann View Post
          Hi everyone,
          I have not posted in about a week but I will try to keep this as short as possible. No reaffirming first or second and have been discharged for a month. Called bank (PNC) and offered a settlement to release the lien on my property but was laughed at at my proposal. Went up to 5% percent and was told she would call me "right back". Never called. I left numerous messages asking about the status and nothing. Went on the LoanSafe forum and was given a list of numbers on who might be able to help. Called and was told the mortgage department does not handle second mortgages only firsts. However, the person in the mortgage department was able to get a hold of the person that would not return my calls. She told her to contact me and give me an update. She finally called but only after being told to do so. She told me very rudely and very casual that my offer was refused. I asked by who refused it and why. She did not want to discuss my case at all because there were many long pauses in between my questions. I told her I found it hard to believe that only 1 person could deny my offer and why was I not sent something in the mail...like a formal denial letter? She told me I could contact her supervisor. I then asked her point blank if she (herself) was finished with my "case". She would not answer only saying I could speak with her supervisor. I then asked her to answer me yes or no was she no longer in charge of my file. She told me she was not going to take my hostility any longer and she hung up on me!!!! No kidding she straight up hung the phone up on me. I cannot believe the rudeness and the lack of willingness to direct me to the correct person or department. Does anyone here have any advise on where to turn to now? I cannot believe this lady. She also told me that I never called her only the first time I contacted her. That was a downright lie. I left so many messages. Anyone?

ann...i'm sorry, i'm not totally understanding what your doing. maybe because we never intended on reaffirming only surrendering of the property.

so....if you filed a chapter 7 and did not reaffrim....did you always have the intention of trying to refinance your 1st and 2nd after the discharge????

what boxed was checked on your petition....i'm just curious are you offering a reduction of the mortgage amounts and to refin....??? i'm CERTAIN it's JUST Me missing something...as usual...but could you clarify?
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Thanks to those who have replied! I appreciate your input.
            tobee 43, I am current on my first mortgage (not with PNC) and not current with PNC. NO reaffirming on either. Our intention was simple (or so we thought) that we want to stay where we are but offer to settle the second mortgage with a lump sum of cash in order to release the lien on our property. I might be able to sell my home at present for what I owe my first mortgage company. Add in the second and I'm about $70,000 underwater. I cannot understand why they will not look at my offer. I even told the person in the mortgage part of PNC that I am not obligated to give them a dime and she said I was correct on that. I don't know but there seems to be a huge difference in those that I speak with in the mortgage department and those that service my loan in CLC. This is a nightmare.
            Last edited by Ann; 09-24-2010, 08:20 AM. Reason: needed to add more

Comment

Ann, I'm curious. Did you include the payment on the 2nd on your schedule J?

Comment

Originally posted by Ann View Post
                Thanks to those who have replied! I appreciate your input.
                tobee 43, I am current on my first mortgage (not with PNC) and not current with PNC. NO reaffirming on either. Our intention was simple (or so we thought) that we want to stay where we are but offer to settle the second mortgage with a lump sum of cash in order to release the lien on our property. I might be able to sell my home at present for what I owe my first mortgage company. Add in the second and I'm about $70,000 underwater. I cannot understand why they will not look at my offer. I even told the person in the mortgage part of PNC that I am not obligated to give them a dime and she said I was correct on that. I don't know but there seems to be a huge difference in those that I speak with in the mortgage department and those that service my loan in CLC. This is a nightmare.
                i got it now...yes, NONE of the banks what to cooperate with anything.

they would rather you let the house rot. ok.....let's GET creative here...my daughter just did this...but in a little bit different way.....

hold the mortgage yourself....if you can sell the property you can do "owner" financing even tho the bank still has the property.

i just reviewed her documents yesterday and made her go back to the person who is the "broker" actually a mortgage broker after i redo them...but basically they were asking her to give up her right to ever sue them...NOT happening....also i didn't like the way the deed read so it had to be changed.

so what's she's doing is a bit different ....it's like a rent option to buy on the place she can't sell....but i'm just wondering your saying all you can get is just the amount to cover the 1st....and the second has the lien so you can't can't clear title...right????
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by geye View Post
                  Ann, I'm curious. Did you include the payment on the 2nd on your schedule J?
                  you know i think she said she did....so....

now the question is....if the first is still active and not forclosed or surrendered....and they both were listed where does that 2nd stand...i say in line...and it will not give her clear title to sell if she can because that 2nd will be hangin in there....

Comment

Someone used the word "ethics" and "bank" in the same sentence! LOL
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yes, I did include the payment on my schedule j. I don't want to sell right now. I just want the lien released from PNC.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                        Someone used the word "ethics" and "bank" in the same sentence! LOL
                        i don't think so??? LOL!! show...me i'm now and forever will be from MO!!
                        Last edited by tobee43; 09-24-2010, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                          i don't think so??? LOL!! show...me i'm now and forever will be from MO!!
                          Originally posted by jjim120 View Post
                          This bank and the one it bought out with TARP money have apparently had the reputation for unethical behavior for years.
                          As you requested! (emphasis added is mine)
                          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally Posted by jjim120
                            This bank and the one it bought out with TARP money have apparently had the reputation for unethical behavior for years.

As you requested! (emphasis added is mine)

LOL!!! you ALMOST got me!!! glad i'm now from MO...oh...no i'm from nunavat...

today's translation: i'll have NONE OF THAT!

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by jjim120
                              "I don't know how one goes about investigating the ethics and conduct of a bank. . ."

You missed this one, too. LOL

BTW, it was an investment broker whom I first heard call these banks the most unethical ever, but that was before the recent financial meltdown that is creating all the posters on this site.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X