Could you critique my Schedules I & J?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
    that is good to know. we don't have any pets anymore.... to heart breaking.. for us when we have lost them. we just can't go through it again.
    When my cat died about 15 years ago, I didn't think I'd get another animal because of losing them and feeling hurt but I finally have since then. As for you, what about fostering animals? Many rescues are begging for fosters for dogs and cats. That way you know you're helping them out because otherwise some would be pts because there's no foster home for them to go to until they get their forever home. And it wouldn't bother you as much to let them go because you know you helped them to get where they need be.

Comment

Since I'm the only one working, I had to change my federal deductions to M-8 (we are a family of 5) because I needed that extra money. Do you think that will be a problem to the trustee?

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
      No sir, it will not get your case dismissed, but it may turn your case into an asset case. Obviously, being as close as you are on your DMI, stopping the witholding to bring you more in line with $0 refund would easily push you into a 13, so no go there. Just be aware that you may become an asset case due to your anticipated refund.

I can see bumping you food and medical expenses a bit, as well as what I previously mentioned regarding vehcile licensing & registration fees, Costco or Sam's club memberships, AAA membership, etc. Also, do you not have personal care expenses? I see haircuts, etc only under the non-filing spouse's expenses.
      Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

Laurie: I wanted to thank you, had it not been for this post, I would not have known that I could have added Educations Expenses to my line item. school supplies/lunches/school fees/6th grade science camp, dang it all adds up to one very large amount.

The public schools in my area are charging for every little thing now

Originally posted by LaurieM View Post
        Pet care is absolutely permitted in Ohio (at least from what we see). In fact, I attended a training at which our Chapter 13 trustee was a presenter and he indicated that he would certainly be a lot more amenable to a pet expense than say to someone putting cigarettes or anything more than about $50 per month in entertainment in his/her budget. We add in $50 per month unless they have numerous or large pets (horses etc) and then we jack that up a bit.

Also, we commonly add significant school supplies/lunches (use the max in the means test and the actual in J).... kids cost money... I know that all too well having been a foster parent for many, many years myself.

We put in a minimum of $75 per month for home maintenance as well... I always ask the clients about the condition of their homes in fact. If I see that they have unusually high utility bills, I assume they're in need of new windows, a new roof or insulation and we add more (we've actually put in as much as $300 per month on that line and not had it questioned).

I've seen numerous posts on here about student loans not being permitted in J... we include them all the time, specifically if you could argue that most of the unsecured debt was incurred attempting to keep up with the student loans.
        Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X