ok, moving onto to the next page... Schedule J--- 2 questions & critique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DebtZombie View Post
    Ok, so im filling out J and am stuck on a few things.
    family of 6, only one person works

does this look right???.... and a few questions in here:

rent 1,000
    gas/electric 243(budget plan)
    water 60
    telephone 30
    cable 55
    cellular 140 (3 phones)
    internet 30
    trash 16
    home maint 50 (we rent)
    food 700 (i coupon shop)
    clothing 150 (3 teens and a 5 year old, all still growing)
    laundry 20
    medical/dental 181 ( I have rheumatoid arthritis, included BC for me and my college daughter, 4 is enough and i am way too young to be a grama. this could be higher as hubby needs major major dental work next year and i have a kid who needs braces)
    transportation 334 (gas and 2 vehicle registrations)
    entertainment 75
    auto ins 104
    auto 502
    haircuts 40
    pet care 40 ( st bernard and yorkie)

I am at -57.00 for monthly net

ok, so we own 2 cars, one we own outright and the other (The $502 payment above) we plan on returning and trying to get a loan on a cheaper car sometime soon, which i will probably get for like 300 or so.

so do i list the 502 car payment i have now but WONT have when this is done, or do i list the $300 i am budgeting for another car???? or nothing under auto?

and anything else look funny?

YOU GUYS ARE MY MOST FAVORITE PEOPLE ON THE WHOLE PLANET RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!
    I think your schedule looks fine. You will not have any issues.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
      i just recalled a few posts were you warned people of possible upcoming house repairs etc. and most people do not think forward, which is sooooo very important.
      Regarding repairs, we have a central air/heat unit that I do have a receipt from where a guy put a part into it about 2 years and he said it would only hold us off until we have to buy a new unit. Also, some of the duct vent under our home, a park model, might have holes in it too causing the unit to not cool as it should. And, we need to have this home re-leveled again too. Should I call a service person out to give me some quotes so that I have proof? We have a manager here that has recently been hired to come in and re-do some units and the beautification of the community (park) as well. He said he can give me a good deal on this since this is what he does for a living and it's a good deal too but I can't afford it right now. (He can even get me a good deal on new skirting.)

As for the manager here, I can, but really don't need to ask him specifically for a written quote but it would be nice to have for this BK process, I guess. Then again, I don't want another service coming in and estimating and then he sees them here and wonders why I'd have them here when he's given me such a good quote since he works here and I live here. Point is, I really don't want to tell him I'm filing BK and that's why I need the quote. (I could tell him, he's a professional, private person and wouldn't look askanse at me for revealing the info...and I've heard he's in the middle of a divorce himself so I know that 'we all' have private issues going on...but geez, I hate to have to bring this up. What other reason could I give him for asking for a quote? Heck, after a week or so more, maybe I will ask him. Hmmm, maybe I can get a service to come out on a Saturday afternoon when I know he's left for the weekend and he wouldn't see? I know, I might get someone to come and and ask them to come in a plain vehicle without company logo because I don't want my neighbors to know my business. That might work and then I'd get a 'higher' quote from them.

So, a quote on an air unit and leveling/re-skirting. What about a quote on any dental work I might need? I'd just have to pay for an exam to get that. But where do you put all these expense quotes on a Chapter 7 form? (Just keep the quotes on hand?)

Comment

Hi platter,

So, a quote on an air unit and leveling/re-skirting. What about a quote on any dental work I might need? I'd just have to pay for an exam to get that. But where do you put all these expense quotes on a Chapter 7 form? (Just keep the quotes on hand?)

They go on Sched J, lines for home maintenance and medical

I think you are over-thinking the repair estimate. Tell the guy you want an estimate b/c you need to plan ahead for the expense.

Hang in there, you will be OK....

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
          OF::::::::ok...pandora...and this does certain NOT help the op...ROFL...i only use GAIN...LOL!!!! so i guess our clothes smell the same!! TOO MUCH!!!! it's nice to smell good enough to eat....???
          Is there really any other detergent? I stocked up a few months ago when it was on sale - thought because my one grocery store had the "Apple Mango Tango" listed as "close out" that Gain was going to stop making it *GASP - the HORROR!* Hubby laughed when I came home with like 8 fabric softeners and 4 of the HUGE laundry detergents! LOL I think I'm down to like 4 bottles of softener and 2 detergents now.

Turns out - the store was just removing it from their stock items - thank God!

Comment

Schedule J is confusing, where do the things like dog expenses and hair cuts and books/papers/educational supplies go? The lawyer I sat down with gave us $1000 for food/cleaning/haircuts/misc for a family of 5. We've put off getting p/t because it's $25 every session and also put off counseling for adhd issues because of the copay. I was a little miffed when he put down $75 for clothing, one of kids needs shoes now and new glasses, and they all need new winter coats. My husband has a heart issue so life insurance is really expensive, we kept his former military life insurance, small and cheap. I quit smoking and was waiting for a year to pass so my premiums wouldn't be so high, but now we can't afford any. We rent as well, but we have to maintain the yard/pest control, indoors, like carpet cleaning and painting interior, our personal appliances, plumbing issues, filters. Pandora, my stock up item is Downy in the red bottle, I liken it to Jo Malones pomegranate noir. Delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Okieblue View Post
              Schedule J is confusing, where do the things like dog expenses and hair cuts and books/papers/educational supplies go? The lawyer I sat down with gave us $1000 for food/cleaning/haircuts/misc for a family of 5. We've put off getting p/t because it's $25 every session and also put off counseling for adhd issues because of the copay. I was a little miffed when he put down $75 for clothing, one of kids needs shoes now and new glasses, and they all need new winter coats. My husband has a heart issue so life insurance is really expensive, we kept his former military life insurance, small and cheap. I quit smoking and was waiting for a year to pass so my premiums wouldn't be so high, but now we can't afford any. We rent as well, but we have to maintain the yard/pest control, indoors, like carpet cleaning and painting interior, our personal appliances, plumbing issues, filters. Pandora, my stock up item is Downy in the red bottle, I liken it to Jo Malones pomegranate noir. Delicious.
              You are allowed, per IRS standards $1633/mo for clothing/food/personal care expenses/household expenses/misc for a household of 5. Your attorney should be allowing your expenses as long as they are below that threshold. If he says no, find another attorney. You need one who will fight for you.

And, medical is $300/mo for a family of 5. Glasses, p/t, and counseling (as well as dental and general medical) would all go into this category. If you can document higher actual expenses, you can put the higher amount. Again, you need an attorney who put together a realistic budget and fight for you.
              Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
              0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Originally posted by platter View Post
                Regarding repairs, we have a central air/heat unit that I do have a receipt from where a guy put a part into it about 2 years and he said it would only hold us off until we have to buy a new unit. Also, some of the duct vent under our home, a park model, might have holes in it too causing the unit to not cool as it should. And, we need to have this home re-leveled again too. Should I call a service person out to give me some quotes so that I have proof? We have a manager here that has recently been hired to come in and re-do some units and the beautification of the community (park) as well. He said he can give me a good deal on this since this is what he does for a living and it's a good deal too but I can't afford it right now. (He can even get me a good deal on new skirting.)

As for the manager here, I can, but really don't need to ask him specifically for a written quote but it would be nice to have for this BK process, I guess. Then again, I don't want another service coming in and estimating and then he sees them here and wonders why I'd have them here when he's given me such a good quote since he works here and I live here. Point is, I really don't want to tell him I'm filing BK and that's why I need the quote. (I could tell him, he's a professional, private person and wouldn't look askanse at me for revealing the info...and I've heard he's in the middle of a divorce himself so I know that 'we all' have private issues going on...but geez, I hate to have to bring this up. What other reason could I give him for asking for a quote? Heck, after a week or so more, maybe I will ask him. Hmmm, maybe I can get a service to come out on a Saturday afternoon when I know he's left for the weekend and he wouldn't see? I know, I might get someone to come and and ask them to come in a plain vehicle without company logo because I don't want my neighbors to know my business. That might work and then I'd get a 'higher' quote from them.

maintenance....is where i put them.
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                  Is there really any other detergent? I stocked up a few months ago when it was on sale - thought because my one grocery store had the "Apple Mango Tango" listed as "close out" that Gain was going to stop making it *GASP - the HORROR!* Hubby laughed when I came home with like 8 fabric softeners and 4 of the HUGE laundry detergents! LOL I think I'm down to like 4 bottles of softener and 2 detergents now.

Turns out - the store was just removing it from their stock items - thank God!
                  going thru...gain withdrawal....this is really TOO funny for this forum....i will send you some if i have too!!
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by momofthree View Post
                    You are allowed, per IRS standards $1633/mo for clothing/food/personal care expenses/household expenses/misc for a household of 5. Your attorney should be allowing your expenses as long as they are below that threshold. If he says no, find another attorney. You need one who will fight for you.

And, medical is $300/mo for a family of 5. Glasses, p/t, and counseling (as well as dental and general medical) would all go into this category. If you can document higher actual expenses, you can put the higher amount. Again, you need an attorney who put together a realistic budget and fight for you.
                    exactly, however, i do want to mention that your trustee is mindful of where in the country you live...i.e. our food cost doubled where we moved....to my shock..but not to the trustee's shock.

i do believe the trustee's realize if you are a family of 2 and put down $1000 for food cost something is terribly wrong...however, if the irs only says you are allowed $300 for an example and your area of the country is $500...you'll be fine.

Comment

Look at your eye care /vision expenses. When my lawyer looked at my receipts for this year. (3 people wearing glasses) it came out to $71.00 a month in JUST the Vision category and we have the receipts to back it up.
                      Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Fallonedward View Post
                        Look at your eye care /vision expenses. When my lawyer looked at my receipts for this year. (3 people wearing glasses) it came out to $71.00 a month in JUST the Vision category and we have the receipts to back it up.
                        good one!!! i know mine are like $400 alone...and i'm so bad with them i have to replace them usually every 6 months...i didn't even use them and should have!

Comment

ok, i relooked over my paperwork, and am confused by comments on here.

Is this schedule supposed to show how i can make it on my ONE income by cutting corners, limiting expenses and watching my money, with only a little money left, $20 as it stands now.

Or if I up my exenses even higher as allowed by the IRS (etc), then i will be showing how I CANT make it on one income?

all will change when hubby starts working or I get a PT job, kids will get braces, I can get a second car, yada yada

huh?????im confused
                          Filed PRO SE 10/12/10......341 held 11/8/10......awaiting discharge.....

Comment

Is this schedule supposed to show how i can make it on my ONE income by cutting corners, limiting expenses and watching my money, with only a little money left, $20 as it stands now.
                            Schedules I & J are your "current monthly income & expenses." Ideally, these will be your expenses after bankruptcy, where you're not "cutting corners," but at the same time, the expenses must be reasonable.

You don't want to show a very high positive monthly income (specifically, the Chapter 13 threshold payment amount or higher...) after Schedules I & J are finished, because the trustee can bring a motion to dismiss your case based on the "totality of the circumstances" (for example, the means test might show that your filing is not abusive, but if you have $800 income a month on the schedules, you've got a problem).
                            Bazinga!

Comment

ok, i relooked over my paperwork, and am confused by comments on here.

Or if I up my exenses even higher as allowed by the IRS (etc), then i will be showing how I CANT make it on one income?

all will change when hubby starts working or I get a PT job, kids will get braces, I can get a second car, yada yada

huh?????im confused
                              I think your expense schedule is fine the way you originally posted it. A small positive cash flow of $20 a month is perfect. There is nothing on your schedules that the US trustee is going to question. I think some of the posters were simply pointing out that your expenses were low and you had more leeway if you needed it. I don't think you need it though.
                              You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

whew, thanks you guys~!
                                Filed PRO SE 10/12/10......341 held 11/8/10......awaiting discharge.....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X