ok, moving onto to the next page... Schedule J--- 2 questions & critique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
    Oh God no! Absolutely am not saying that at all. I'm a fly by the legal type of gal

$9 for laundry detergent? Lucky! I pay almost $16 for mine - have to have my Gain Apple Mango Tango! LOL
    I make my own laundry detergent, and it costs me about $3.00/month. It takes about 30 minutes a month to make it, and it works BETTER than the TIDE I used to buy. I do 2-3 loads of laundry a DAY, so it saves me a TON of money. I know this thread is not about saving money, but if anyone wants the recipe and instructions, PM me. I was VERY skeptical about this, but I'm a believer now!
    --------------------------------------------
    As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Wantmypeace View Post
      I make my own laundry detergent, and it costs me about $3.00/month. It takes about 30 minutes a month to make it, and it works BETTER than the TIDE I used to buy. I do 2-3 loads of laundry a DAY, so it saves me a TON of money. I know this thread is not about saving money, but if anyone wants the recipe and instructions, PM me. I was VERY skeptical about this, but I'm a believer now!
      very cool wantmypeace...but can you get it to smell like apple mango orange blossoms..LOL!!

really that is very cool...i think you should start a thread with money saving tips...and everyone add a tip they might know...i actually would like to know the recipe and instructions, if you would please.
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I'm on it!
        As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I'm on it!
          KEWL....i think thats a great idea too.
          filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
          "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by oregonpilot View Post
            KEWL....i think thats a great idea too.
            this is going to be very cool!!! money saving tips!! i can't wait....i think laz should even make it a place of it's own...how to survive after and during bk...money saving tips for ALL!!! LOVE IT!!
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I posted it in Smart Personal Finance Insights. Feel free to ask questions!

Comment

I posted it in Smart Personal Finance Insights. Feel free to ask questions!
                i'm on my way!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tcreegan View Post
                  Hi platter,

So, a quote on an air unit and leveling/re-skirting. What about a quote on any dental work I might need? I'd just have to pay for an exam to get that. But where do you put all these expense quotes on a Chapter 7 form? (Just keep the quotes on hand?)

They go on Sched J, lines for home maintenance and medical

I think you are over-thinking the repair estimate. Tell the guy you want an estimate b/c you need to plan ahead for the expense.

Hang in there, you will be OK....

Tom in Colo
                  He's already verbally told me the lesser amt he will charge me vs someone else because I live here and also because he can get the materials much cheaper. He was brought in to make some beautification changes to our community and he will, possibly be temporary or long term, as a manager as well as making these improvements. It was said in casual conversation and not on a professional level as if I was speaking with someone of whom I'm unfamiliar.

I know I can do it, I'm not reserved but very private, but I really don't know how to approach him 'again' and ask for a written quote and then he might not even put his name/phone, etc. on it. He's professional in nature and I know he'd understand a quote being needed, as is typical, but in my case this is based on our familiarity of each other and is so casual.

I'm really private here and I know he'd respect that but I might just have to say in a real nonchalant way, "Hey, btw, I possibly might file a bankruptsy and just found out I could use a quote from you." Dang, it's not embarrassment, (I could less about that), it's just the fact that I keep an air of privacy about me among residents and it's respected. (Nine times out of ten he'll say that he's possibly going to have to do the same due to a divorce! That's happened before when I've mentioned it - others feel comfortable in disclosing that they're going to do the same.)

Any other reason I could use to ask him? If I say that, then that's one more thing he knows about me that I'd rather he not know.

Comment

Originally posted by platter View Post
                    He's already verbally told me the lesser amt he will charge me vs someone else because I live here and also because he can get the materials much cheaper. He was brought in to make some beautification changes to our community and he will, possibly be temporary or long term, as a manager as well as making these improvements. It was said in casual conversation and not on a professional level as if I was speaking with someone of whom I'm unfamiliar.

I know I can do it, I'm not reserved but very private, but I really don't know how to approach him 'again' and ask for a written quote and then he might not even put his name/phone, etc. on it. He's professional in nature and I know he'd understand a quote being needed, as is typical, but in my case this is based on our familiarity of each other and is so casual.

I'm really private here and I know he'd respect that but I might just have to say in a real nonchalant way, "Hey, btw, I possibly might file a bankruptsy and just found out I could use a quote from you." Dang, it's not embarrassment, (I could less about that), it's just the fact that I keep an air of privacy about me among residents and it's respected. (Nine times out of ten he'll say that he's possibly going to have to do the same due to a divorce! That's happened before when I've mentioned it - others feel comfortable in disclosing that they're going to do the same.)

Any other reason I could use to ask him? If I say that, then that's one more thing he knows about me that I'd rather he not know.
                    whether it's a casual relationship or not...it's now become a "professional" one...he or she would be less than professional to not provide you with a contract or an agreement of service...it's really the law. many times not enforced, but an atty is supposed to have you sign an agreement outlining the cost prior to the receipt of the retainer and if in fact, the contract is not what you verbally agreed to, then, i would simply not sign it.

Comment

I understand and fully agree with a quote, etc. I'm aware of that and it's the normal process but the relationship here is one of which I'm comfortable in entering even without a quote, which I normally wouldn't do with others. Actually it was more in passing conversation that this was discussed and I do believe he'll be more than happy to give me a quote on it, etc. He's even worked on a couple of those 'home makeovers' is what a neighbor told me.

Since the quote is to my advantage under maintenance, I must obtain it for my purpose. Since I'm having to bring it up to him, again, I think I'll ask him if he can give me a quote for future reference so I can keep see if it's going to possibly fit within my budget later on ... and need a quote so that I can place it in my file so I don't get my figures jumbled. (Giving the connotation that I'm a person that is diligent in working figures within a budget plan. lol)

That should suffice, I think, and I'd be comfortable with approaching it like that. I wish I'd realize early on how important that quote would be to me when we first spoke but I had already mentioned that I couldn't do it right now so I let it roll off.

Comment

Originally posted by platter View Post
                        I understand and fully agree with a quote, etc. I'm aware of that and it's the normal process but the relationship here is one of which I'm comfortable in entering even without a quote, which I normally wouldn't do with others. Actually it was more in passing conversation that this was discussed and I do believe he'll be more than happy to give me a quote on it, etc. He's even worked on a couple of those 'home makeovers' is what a neighbor told me.

Since the quote is to my advantage under maintenance, I must obtain it for my purpose. Since I'm having to bring it up to him, again, I think I'll ask him if he can give me a quote for future reference so I can keep see if it's going to possibly fit within my budget later on ... and need a quote so that I can place it in my file so I don't get my figures jumbled. (Giving the connotation that I'm a person that is diligent in working figures within a budget plan. lol)

That should suffice, I think, and I'd be comfortable with approaching it like that. I wish I'd realize early on how important that quote would be to me when we first spoke but I had already mentioned that I couldn't do it right now so I let it roll off.
                        i think it sounds like you have a handle on the situation. and, frankly, as long as you feel comfortable then i wouldn't be concerned about it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X