Officially filed today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officially filed today!

And surprisingly, I AM so relieved. I heard others in here saying they were also, but didn't think I would be, but I am.

My lawyer just called. 341 Dec 6th, and he knows the trustee we'll be meeting with.

There is a bit of light at the end of this tunnel!

Thanks for everyones help and understanding!

Absolutely awesome! I, and I'm sure everyone here, am extremely happy for you! Keep us all posted if you don't mind!
    Decided on Chapter 7: October 13, 2010; Retained Attorney: October 20, 2010; Filed Chapter 7: February 4, 2011; 341 Meeting: March 23, 2011; Discharged: May 24, 2011

Comment

Congrats, we file in 6 days and I will be so happy to be able to plug the phone in again.
      Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

Thanks! 60 days from Dec 6th is Feb 11th. If all goes well, that'll be my new birthday!

Comment

congrats!!! well done!! this MUST be the ONLY place on this earth that says GREAT you filed BK today..LOL!!!!!!!!!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Congratulations! I know how great it feels to file. Here's to a smooth process.
            Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Congrats, now relax a little, will ya!!!
              Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
              AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Thanks again, and yes tobee, only here! AND I will relax joe......today! Maybe a couple of days off of the crazy train for me!

Comment

Oh...one thing. I wasn't expecting to know the court date or know who the trustee was immediately. Is that normally how it goes?

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
                    Thanks! 60 days from Dec 6th is Feb 11th. If all goes well, that'll be my new birthday!
                    LOL, That IS my mother's birthday, so I will be wishing you both a Happy Birthday on that day hopefully

Congrats on that first big step!
                    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Ahhhhhhh...I'm sure it was followed with a sigh of relief for you. The 341 meeting lasts about 5 minutes in most cases. It was nothing like I feared, just basic questions, answers and back up from attorney sitting across the table from me. Sounds like you may have your discharge letter by the end of the year. Best wishes to you.

Comment

I filed a few months ago, completed my 341 a month ago (it was very smooth and easy, having an attorney sure helps with the filing process). I was expecting my discharge around Thanksgiving but the attorney told me at least another month.

I know many have said this, but I wished I had filed earlier and also stop making payments to credit card companies earlier. But I didn't know if I was going to go BK and tried to prevent it as long as possible.

My concern now is getting this discharge as soon as possible so I can find a job and then find a new house to rent. I am concerned about how much time I have left in my home before they foreclose and kick me out. I need to find a job and then a new house to rent.

Not knowing the timetables and the outcomes is the scariest parts for me.

Comment

Yea!! Good job Panacea!

Oh...one thing. I wasn't expecting to know the court date or know who the trustee was immediately. Is that normally how it goes?

Your court is just very efficient.....?

Tom in Colo

ps: remember if you get pre-341 jitters go watch your trustee do couple of 'em
                          Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Congrats on the filing! It is a relief, isn't it? Gets a little nerve wracking if you hit bumps in the road...but everyone here seems to do so well at helping to calm those nerves while waiting to talk to your atty.

Let the countdown to a fresh start begin.
                            -----------------
                            Filed Ch 7 9/29/10
                            341 Scheduled 11/8/10

Comment

Thanks again and again ya'll! I'm so totally thankful to have my own personal "BK family" here! Just wish we were posting in a "ToomuchmoneyIdontknowwhattodowithit" forum!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X