discharged but no report from trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

discharged but no report from trustee

Hi all, once again sittin here worried over my chapt 7.. Filed 07/20/10, 341 meet 08/30/10, last day for objections 10/29/10. I see on Pacer that i have been discharged on 11/05/10 but still no report from the trustee.. Is this normal to rec discharge before trustee report? there were no objections or any problems with my case, was a no asset and im just worried something may be wrong.. Now that the 60 days have past and i rec the discharge am i safe or could something be wrong ???
    Filed 7/20/10
    341 meeting-8/30/10

I don't think he gives any report as there where no assets to distribute and your flags should indicate a no asset condition. I believe you are just automatic. Enjoy the new start and here is our traditional Victory Dance to you from all of us:

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

You have received your discharge (period). The no distribution report or preliminary distribution report is based on whether the case is a no-asset or asset case, respectively. Whether there are assets to distribute doesn't really affect the discharge. Unless you are waiting to do something with assets, like sell or transfer them, then I wouldn't be worried. If you do have some assets that you'd like to deal with, your attorney may want to find out when the no-asset report will be issued.

The report will just keep your case from closing, which is an administrative matter and should not affect your discharge.

Congratulations on your discharge.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

the PP are telling you the truth...you are discharged!!! the only paper you are waiting for is the order of no distribution...which may even come a few weeks later. as jb pointed out, if there was a question about possible assets, that would be the only hold up, and by now your atty should have been advised.

enough your newly found freedom!
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Congratulations. I was discharged last month and the only paperwork I got was a piece of paper from the court saying I was automatically discharged, a standard discharge, and nothing else. I called the court and the court clerk confirmed that too.
          Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X