top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correct Address of IRS to send BR Petition Notice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct Address of IRS to send BR Petition Notice?

Middle District Florida

Do I use the same address where I send my regular tax returns (for IRS address on my mailing labels I provide the BR Clerk) or is there a different address/department to send the IRS notification of BR?

Sure don't want to go through all this only to find out it was sent to the wrong address. I am listing back taxes on my BR filing as I meet all the criteria to have them discharged.

Thanks and wishing everyone a Great New Year!

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean BR. Just list IRS as your creditor. It will go to the department regarding bk and you will get a form letter to stop payment and hand in there, so to speak. All is cool with IRS until your discharge, then the other hand will ask for payment. Make payment arrangements at that time. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

BR=bankruptcy

The question was what address do I list for the IRS? Where I send my normal tax returns (Atlanta, GA) in my case or to a department that handles BR? And if a different department/address, what is their mailing address?

Thanks

Comment

The correct abbreviation for bankruptcy is BK. 'BR' has everyone scratching their heads. I would include the address where you send your income tax returns. If you have a CPA and/or a BK attorney, those folks can best advise you.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I believe the following is the address to be used for the IRS for bk purposes:

IRS
          PO BOX 21126
          Philadelphia, PA 19114

You can contact the bk Court in your district to verify this.

Des.

Comment

Thanks everyone

You can tell that I'm still wet behind the ears on all this :-) thanks for your advice and patience.

Clickman

Comment

Had my 341 today in middle district of Florida the address my lawyer used is below.
              Internal Revenue Service
              Spec Proc Br MC 5720 P&I
              400 W. Bay St., Ste 3504
              Jacksonville, FL 32202

Comment

As of Jan 1, 2011 the correct address is

Internal Revenue Service
                Centralized Insolvency Operation
                P.O. Box 7346
                Philadelphia, PA 19101-7346

This is the centralized address for ALL bk filings, nationwide.

In major metropolitan areas, there are local Insolvency units, but proper notice goes to the Central Unit. Keep in mind, one thing the 2005 BK amendment did was allow creditors to designate a specific address for receipt of BK notices.

Comment

Generally speaking, the Middle District of Florida automatically notices the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (sometimes, not always), Florida Department of Revenue, your local County Tax Collector, the Region 21 Office of the United States Trustee, and the IRS. (I still would make sure that the appropriate creditors are listed on your Matrix because you can't assume that they'll all be noticed automatically.)

Check your Matrix on PACER and you'll see what addresses were used. When I filed, the address was automatically substituted...

INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE
                  CENTRALIZED INSOLVENCY OPERATIONS
                  PO BOX 21126
                  PHILADELPHIA PA 19114-0326

HOWEVER, HHM has the correct address that is posted in the IRM effective 1/1/2011.
                  Last edited by justbroke; 12-27-2010, 05:34 PM.
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                  Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X