Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on our 341 from yesterday...

Whew. What a relief that it's over.

I'll just give a run down of the day and our experiences.

First, clothing situation. I ended up wearing jeans (to fit over my aircast). I wore my dark dark wash jeans so they didn't look as "denim-ish". ;) A purple (Gap) top with a black cardigan sweater over the top. I wore my tennis shoe on my good foot till we got to the court house and slip on a dressier flat to go in. When we got there, they were doing renovations and the elevators in front were out of order. The wheelchair lift was not working, and I had to make it up a small flight on stairs, on crutches.
    So, dh CARRIED ME up the stairs. Talk about feeling silly.

We waited in the snack/vending room for our attorney. When he got there we went over all the questions that would be asked of us, what to expect when we walked in the room, what the purpose was of asking for the documents we brought (ID's, bank statements, recent paystub etc..), how long it would take. the attorney said the trustee may even ask about how I hurt myself to see if it was a personal injury type thing where we would be able to sue someone else.

Then we had to proceed to a court room clear across the building. On my crutches. Awful.

There were two cases called before ours. The trustee seemed very nice. He asked everyone the basic questions.

We were called 3rd. It went EXACTLY as our attorney said it would. We were asked to state our names and address. Asked if everything on the petition was true to our knowledge. Whether or not we had the chance to review it with our attorney. He asked if we had ever filed before, he asked if dh was still employed with his same job. He asked if I was still a homemaker and if my broken foot was an on the job injury. LOL. I told him it was a "dog walking" injury. He chuckled and said "Oh, I'm so sorry".

He said he determines we are a no asset case and will be filing the paperwork to reflect that. (Or something to the degree). He said the same thing to the previous 2 cases as well.

He thanked us, and told us good luck and we were done.

I noticed too that our attorney was the only one that was "chatty" with the trustee. He seemed to know him and have a good rapport with the trustee. The trustee commented that our attorney was on the ball with the paperwork (our bank statements, paystubs) and the attorney said, "Just trying to get everyone done and back in to the AC". The trustee laughed and agreed. Apparently, building construction had the AC in the building down too, and it was HOT and miserable in there.

So, anyway, the attorney said everything should be fine and the next 60 days will just be a waiting game.

However, I do wonder, even though the trustee yesterday thinks that we are no asset...the UST still has time to object, correct?

I mean our attorney said he saw NOTHING coming up in the next 60 days...so???

Anyway, we went back to the attorney's office afterward and got our 2nd class out of the way. The long 2 1/2 hour class. It wasn't bad. I mean, mostly stuff we already KNEW, but we talked about our financial goals and took notes and it was good for dh and I to have a talk about what we want for the future.

Most of the stuff the class talks about--we've already have in place. Medical ins., auto ins, home insurance, disability ins, life ins.

We need to work on the emergency fund part. LOL

Ooops. Sorry this turned out so long. I hope that someone reading that hasn't gone to their 341 can read the details of the day and feel some relief in knowing that it's NOT bad. At all.

Congrats on a smooth 341
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Congratulations and Welcome to Club Sixty!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congrats on what sounds like a super smooth 341!! Welcome to the 60 Day Club!!
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Yay, told you so, lol. I'm still laughing about DH carrying you up the stairs, you're both lucky you didn't fall and break your necks!

Glad it all went well for you, sounds like your attorney is very good and well respected by the trustee. Technically, the UST can object but my guess is that you would already know if there was going to be an issue. So now a deep breath, relax, and think about anything else for the next 60 days.

Comment

Congratulations JEM !!!!! ....awesome good news.

DH sure earned his points....I have heard of carrying your bride over the threshold, but not over the threshold and up a flight of stairs!

The more I hear about your attorney, the better he sounds. If he doesn't think you will have any problems, I wouldn't take bets against him...

You're in the homestretch now!

Tom in Colo
            Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

sounds perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Sounds like it went well, except for the stairs and long walk! What a relief I hope the waiting goes quickly for you. Congrats!
                Stopped paying 8/2010, Filed 2/2011, 341 3/2011 done, Report of no distribution . . . Discharged & Closed 5/2011!

Comment

ahhhhhh...i don't know...being carried into the 341 and up the stairs sounds......like a movie...LOL!!!

and believe me....i understand..i'm still in my wheelchair and walker...until monday...so i know it's hard to get around!
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineGal View Post
                    Yay, told you so, lol. I'm still laughing about DH carrying you up the stairs, you're both lucky you didn't fall and break your necks!

Glad it all went well for you, sounds like your attorney is very good and well respected by the trustee. Technically, the UST can object but my guess is that you would already know if there was going to be an issue. So now a deep breath, relax, and think about anything else for the next 60 days.

I know, I was so worried about it. LOL. He even had to carry me when we left from the door to the curb because it started raining and their wheelchair ramp going out of the building was slick and he said I would end up falling and breaking my neck. Better me than both of us! LOL

I am SO thankful I picked the right attorney! He was actually the first attorney I interviewed and went on to interview 3 more and still ended up with the first.

Originally posted by tcreegan View Post
                    Congratulations JEM !!!!! ....awesome good news.

DH sure earned his points....I have heard of carrying your bride over the threshold, but not over the threshold and up a flight of stairs!

The more I hear about your attorney, the better he sounds. If he doesn't think you will have any problems, I wouldn't take bets against him...

You're in the homestretch now!

Tom in Colo
                    He did! I told him I could crawl up the stairs like I do at home, but I figure he would have been embarrassed by that as much as me. LOL. I would just think in a Federal building they would have the handicap access WORKING correctly.

The attorney hasn't steered us wrong yet, so I think I will just wait out the 60 days. I mean, I haven't even signed up for Pacer because I figure it will just stress me out checking, and the attorney said he sees no problems.

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                    ahhhhhh...i don't know...being carried into the 341 and up the stairs sounds......like a movie...LOL!!!

and believe me....i understand..i'm still in my wheelchair and walker...until monday...so i know it's hard to get around!
                    Definitely not a romance, being carried in to file for bankruptcy! LOL!!!

I woke up SO SORE today after crutching around all day yesterday. I could barely move. I almost wish we had rented a wheelchair or something. The only places I really have been going are places that have those motorized scooters. (Costco, the grocery store...) It's too hard to be on the crutches for a long period of time.

Comment

Congrats JEM on your successful 341 and welcome to the 60 day club! Enjoyed reading your account of your 341 experience.
                      Filed BK Chapter 7 - 11/12/10 341 Meeting - 01/07/11
                      Notice of no distribution - 01/12/11
                      DISCHARGED - 03/09/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X