top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once filed, credit card statements still arrive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once filed, credit card statements still arrive?

Quick question, probably an easy answer. I filed, as is known (lol), on February 4th (341 on the 23rd of this month... nervous!), but I have not gotten a single credit card statement once I filed. At least, until today. Citi sent me on today, and to be honest, I was shocked to find it in the mailbox. I'd gotten so used to not seeing them.

Doesn't bother me either way, just a question for pure curiosity sake.
    Decided on Chapter 7: October 13, 2010; Retained Attorney: October 20, 2010; Filed Chapter 7: February 4, 2011; 341 Meeting: March 23, 2011; Discharged: May 24, 2011

I think I read somewhere they are being sent for informational purposes. Huh? And even weirder Amex just sent me a gold card offer.

Comment

The AMEX offer is because you are just on a mailing list - eventually you will be on the bad credit/BK mailing lists and get bombarded with the offers sent to the bad credit sector (high fee/high interest cards, high interest car loans geared to BK filers, etc.).

Once a creditor gets your BK filing in the system, your statements will stop. It could take several weeks after filing. In fact, you will see your mail drop considerably but as I state above, you will soon be sent offers resulting from your filing that are geared to those with bad credit. Creditors get that information from the public records and also from the credit reporting agencies themselves.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

LOL!! it's almost as scary NOT to get a ton of mail as it is NOT getting any.......we actually went the post office to make certain our mail wasn't getting delivered to the incorrect address.

it took a few weeks for all the creditors to get notified, but once they did...all calls and mailings stopped.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Hi pikaroth,

My vote is it crossed in the mail. Citi is so huge the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing...

Tom in Colo
          Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

I saw the same drop in mail (nice!) after filing. Occasionally a little something comes through from the companies included in the bankruptcy. Yesterday I got a statement from Wells Fargo showing they finally reversed a fee that should've never been charged to my CLOSED checking account. LOL, it took filing a bankruptcy to get 'em to reverse the $15 charge! I don't know about you, but my newly-quiet mailbox soon started to fill up with tons of junk mail for those required bankruptcy classes. Some of them look pretty fly-by-night. Oh well, at least it keeps my postal carrier busy.
            OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

Comment

What everyone can do (and what we did) is to contact all three of the CRA's and request to "opt out" of your accounts being able to be reviewed for credit offers. That will eliminate most of the junk mail; however, for local or other creditors having access to public records or online information as to area filers, expect area junkmail, especially from car dealerships. We are over 4 years past discharge and almost two years since the BK came off our credit reports and we "still" get BK junk mail now and then. I don't believe a BK filing ever goes away.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                We are over 4 years past discharge and almost two years since the BK came off our credit reports
                I thought the BK stayed on your credit report for ten years?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X