Back...again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back...again

So, it's been a while since I posted and there has been a lot that has happened.
    My husband and I filed for a chapter 7 in 2002. We moved and started a new life in a new state and then I got very ill and had to go on disability- tons of medical bills and what not so we did a 13 in 05, but it was dismissed in 09 as we couldn't keep up with the payments and my lawyer quit to go into local politics- even though he was paid in full.
    So, now here I am in 2011- newly divorced and slammed with the old debt from the dismissed 13 and some new judgments. After the 13 was dismissed they all came after us, well- more like me since they couldn't find my ex and I got hammered with lawsuits.
    I really want to get this off my back, I am single mother with full custody of my kids and on SSD- would it be a mistake to try and do another chapter 7 and release my demons? It's really hard for me to find decent affordable housing when everyone bases it off credit, then car insurance. I swear I could save so much money on the basics if I could just get my credit in order. But, I am ashamed! This would be my 3rd time!! My ex isn't doing my any favors either, I barely get child support...
    Any advice would be great, ty.
    Last edited by Jenn; 03-07-2011, 03:00 AM.

It may be hard to rebuild but the best route for you and your kids is probably to file Chapter 7. Your credit is trashed anyway, and you don't have the savings or income to clear up the back debts. Those are facts, and it's not a situation you chose to enter, so not one you should be ashamed of.
    Chapter 7 Filed 8/11/2009, Discharged 11/23/2009

Comment

I agree - I believe the majority of your situation is situational/life events and unless you have a way financially (i.e., via family, etc.) to somehow start over, you gotta do what you gotta do. What is bad out of all this are all the BK's (it appears all three will be on your credit report if you file again this year) so you will have to come to the conclusion of the ramifications of that but there probably is no other way out for you. You will have issues with multiple BK filings with the court/trustee so be prepared and ensure you get a good attorney.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

jenn, i'm so sorry to hear about your string of terrible situation....i agree with flamingo and charlie as well....

also, see if you can get some one you can talk with about the situation, this is a ton of stress to go through alone....of course we are all here for you on the board...but it's a journey, and although, you have been through it before it is quite stressful.

best of luck and if i were you...i would begin to get as many free consults set up as possible and get your self a good atty that will help you though this.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X