Very confused here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Justbroke for your reply.

I guess i dont know what definition of "joint debt" you mean. We actually have NO debt that has both names on it if that is what you mean by it. I have a truck payment and a federal tax payment i make. All the debt she would be claiming ( both houses...3 credit cards and a personal loan ) are in her name only and were incurred for the most part long before we got married.
    She wants to get out from under the house that is still languishing on the market and that she has stopped making payments on finally. She owes 110k on it and its valued at about 50k at the moment. Obviously we want to keep our present house, which she just purchased a few months ago.

Comment

Yes, "joint debt" are things that you both are responsible for. In this case, is seems that you have some debt that you'll be able to claim under the marital adjustment! You'll just have to take out an Official Form B22A (Means Test), and try filling it out to see where you are at!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X