• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my case finally closed?

I have this on my PACER history:

Order Closing Chapter 7 Asset Case. Bankruptcy Case Closed
    Is it true - is it finally over?

Can I finally discard all my BK related paperwork? (I will keep the PACER documents in PDF format.)

Your case is closed but I recommend that you pack up your documents, whatever they may be, and store them for at least 1 year if not longer. Throwing things out could lead to problems if someone tries to revoke the discharge for some reason. Not likely to happen but why would one want to take a chance.

Des.

Comment

Any Ch 7 case can be reopened for audit or just cause for 3 years. Don't discard anything.

Wanna know what I did? I took my binder full of originals and copies of all documents for my Ch 7 to a local office supply store and had them shrink wrap it with the heaviest material they had. It makes it look like some sort of Top Secret government document, and it only cost $4.00 to do.

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread, op. Congrats on the closed.

I was going to have a bonfire with my docs when I'm discharge, but having second thoughts now...
        +125K Unsecured so far. Change your cellphone#, give all creditors your Google Voice#, and turn on the "do not disturb." Now enjoy the rest of your day . Thank you Chase: I deal with you last.

Comment

YEAH JBL. You are done, The very best to you!!
          filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
          "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by btbeme View Post
            Any Ch 7 case can be reopened for audit or just cause for 3 years. Don't discard anything.

Wanna know what I did? I took my binder full of originals and copies of all documents for my Ch 7 to a local office supply store and had them shrink wrap it with the heaviest material they had. It makes it look like some sort of Top Secret government document, and it only cost $4.00 to do.
            that's an excellent idea! i scanned it all into my computer and then did a back-up disk...or two.

i do have to wonder why type of cases they reopen for audit or what is denfined as "just" cause?? interesting.

another interesting point is while reviewing the hard copies of the orders of discharge and close it no where states to keep all records for X time period, just in case. ( not that i can believe someone would not hold on to these important docs...as you may have to use that discharge and close proofs a view times, but the other pay stubs etc.), one would think why should they be kept.
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I'll just keep everything for 3 years post closing, and then throw it out.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X