top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I list judgements on Schedule D (Creditors holding secured claims)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I list judgements on Schedule D (Creditors holding secured claims)

I have a couple CC judgements in Maryland Circuit Court. Does that make them 'secured' as apposed to other CC debts which are just in collection? Do I list them Schedule D (Creditors holding secured claims)?

Thanks
    Jason

Unless you know the judgment has become a recorded lien against your property, it is listed on Schedule F. A judgment is not a lien unless it is properly recorded under State law. Normally you would simply list it under F.

Des.

Comment

I would still just list it on Schedule F. Let the creditor (judgment creditor) file a claim as to whether it's secured or not. I'm thinking that you don't know whether it is a recorded judgment that is now a lien, and that's why you're asking.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Ah, thank you. Each creditor has also tried garnishment of bank accounts and/or my paychecks. That's why I thought it was secured. Unfortunately I am unemployed, so the wage garnishment didn't work, and the bank account is joint with my wife so I had the garnishment lifted (even though they recently tried it again).
        Last edited by jasonater; 07-09-2011, 06:54 AM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X