Non-Consumer and Schedules I & J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newbie1234 View Post
    I didn't know you could file if you were over the means test.
    If you are a non-consumer case, the Means Test means nothing.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by ttg1 View Post
      I understand where HHM is coming from but I think it's a dual edged sword. I don't think it's wise to put down business debts that the creditor could possibly sue you for. If they have actually sued that's one thing because you can list the debt and mark it disputed. But I don't see how you can mark a debt disputed if there is no actual dispute.

If you are filing jointly and it's a no asset case then in the big picture it doesn't make any difference because there is nothing to disburse to any creditor and at worst you would reopen the case to include them later. But if you are not filing jointly or there are assets I would be very careful about what I did or didn't put down. Potential liability is different from actual liability.
      I am really confused. Why would you not list business debt? The idea is to have this debt discharged so that you are no longer personally liable. If i can have this debt discharged, it isnt disputed, i owe it through the business - i can be personally sued for it - I should list it because i dont want to be sued in the future. Then if they sue the defunct business - they can have at it. There is nothing to sue. I dont think?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie1234 View Post
        I didn't know you could file if you were over the means test.
        The means test only applies to consumer debt BK7 and this case is non-consumer debt BK7
        Lawyer - $3000
        Filing fee - $299
        Fresh Start - Priceless

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X