Mortgage Loan Modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage Loan Modification

I need help. I reaffirmed my first mortgage back in August (Litton), signed and filed with the courts, everything was good (no lectures here please). It got sold to Ocwen on 9/1they offered me a great loan modification. I've signed the agreement, returned it to them, made the required down payment all prior to the 10/1 due date. I call to make sure they received my payment today and the person said I need to send them a letter from the bankruptcy courts/judge saying that it's ok to modify my mortgage. WHAT???? Anyone know what the motion is called and the proposed order so I can draw this up and get it personally delivered to the bankruptcy courts? My attorney is out of the office this week and I have to have it to them by Friday!!!!! I am in tears here, please help. The loan modification paperwork did NOT list this as a stipulation at all, no where.

I can't help you with the motion and wonder if you can get the court to do anything that quickly. But, I have a couple of suggestions.

Did you tell somebody at your attorney's office what is going on and ask if there is another attorney who can help you? Even sole practitioners usually have a back up to cover for them if they aren't available.

Did you ask the lender if they would give you an extension while you get the letter from the court?

ETA: It is not surpising that your lender wants court authorization for a modfication before your BK is closed.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Look here for a sample. . .

Des.

Comment

Originally posted by despritfreya View Post
        Thank you for this information. I used this as a guide and took the documents to the court house personally today. They said it'd be fine, we will see if the judge signs the order or not.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X