Filed Yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed Yesterday...

Well, I finally bit the bullet & signed the paperwork yesterday for CH 7 (No asset). I'm not sure if my attorney got it processed yesterday, but it will definitely be filed by today... Now the waiting begins. I thought I'd be more nervous, but with all the information I got from the forums & pre-planning throughout the whole process, I actually feel calm & a sense of relief. I guess we'll see if that changes as my 341 approaches (4-5 weeks), but for now... I wait.

I will try to post more of my experience, hopefully to help others, because I don't know what I'd do without these boards, you guys are the best! Thank you!!
    Filed Ch7 11/2011, 341 - 12/5/11, 12/6/11 - Trustee's Report of No Distribution - No Funds
    Deadline to file Objections: 2/3/12, DISCHARGED & CLOSED 2/10/12!!!

Good luck delph.....we are here for you.
    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

GOOD LUCK!!!!! and best wishes my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by delphinus317 View Post
        I thought I'd be more nervous, but with all the information I got from the forums & pre-planning throughout the whole process, I actually feel calm & a sense of relief. I guess we'll see if that changes as my 341 approaches (4-5 weeks), but for now... I wait.
        Because of all I learned here, I wasn't at all nervous. Then, on the day of my 341, I stepped off the elevator at the floor where the meeting takes place and my stomach was suddenly full of butterflies. Fortunately, the butterflies stopped pretty quickly and I was calm by the time my name was called.

Congratulations on taking the big step. May the next few weeks fly by!
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Hey I'm right there with you....I filed last Friday and my 341 has already been scheduled for Dec 3rd. My mind has been sometime at ease, since finding this site and reading up here. We'll see how I feel when the meeting comes :-(

Comment

Last year, after I signed the papers with my attorney, and filed my chap 13, I just felt so anxious, not really knowing what to expect. Then I found this wonderful forum, which was so full of great advice, even about the little details, like what to wear, say or not say at your 341. I calmed right down.

delphinus317 & Nufsayd, good luck & best wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by lillymarlene View Post
              Last year, after I signed the papers with my attorney, and filed my chap 13, I just felt so anxious, not really knowing what to expect. Then I found this wonderful forum, which was so full of great advice, even about the little details, like what to wear, say or not say at your 341. I calmed right down.

delphinus317 & Nufsayd, good luck & best wishes.
              Thank you!

Comment

Good luck to you! This forum is really full of experience and great ideas and reflections of past experiences. It should be all smooth sailing for you from here on out.
                5/9/11 - Filed CH7 - No Asset
                7/1/11 - 341 Meeting
                9/1/11 - Discharged; 9/22/11 Case Closed

Comment

341 Meeting TOday

I Had my 341 meeting today!!!! I was so nervous
                  I thought I had lost my ID on the way up to the stand only to relize after I got back in my car it was where I put it. Looking back I was more concern about my ID that I went thru the trustee questions with such ease. It was over before I realized it.

Comment

Congrats! I will be watching to see how it goes for you. I would love to hear about your experiences as you go since we will be filing soon too. Good luck!
                    Filed Chapter 7: Feb. 9, 2012
                    341 Meeting: March 14, 2012
                    Discharged & Closed: May 21, 2012

Comment

I've been through a C-7 and I honestly don't remember the meeting at the courthouse except that I didn't know where to park and I was late so I just went in some random ramp. The bad thing was that I didn't look to see where I had parked because I was so nervous so I spent 3 hours after the meeting trying to find my car.

I actually work DT now where the 341 meetings are held so I am hoping that this one goes a lot smoother!
                      Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Thanks Everyone
                        I have not posted here for months but I have been reading a lot. Going thru this process has really open my eyes as far as money and credit goes. My youngest is going off to school next, will my credit be good enough to help with student loans?

Comment

Originally posted by eve4848 View Post
                          Thanks Everyone
                          I have not posted here for months but I have been reading a lot. Going thru this process has really open my eyes as far as money and credit goes. My youngest is going off to school next, will my credit be good enough to help with student loans?
                          Since you have only 3 posts and they were all posted in the last couple of days, you must have posted under a different ID. There is no way to answer your question without knowing some background on your circumstances and then people can only post to what their experience has been. You may want to open up a thread of your own and give a snynopsis of your situation. Good luck!
                          Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Thank you for all of the support! Good Luck to you Nufsayd... Looks like we're on a similar schedule! I haven't gotten my 341 date yet, but I expect to hear any day now.

This Saturday, I got a certified letter in the mail for a notification of a civil lawsuit for one of my debts that is included in my BK. It's from a local credit union that I have an unsecured loan with. I did not know about the lawsuit when I filed last week. I left a message with my attorney, but I assume the lawsuit is included in the BK since I listed the credit union as a creditor & will go away once the BK is discharged?
                            Filed Ch7 11/2011, 341 - 12/5/11, 12/6/11 - Trustee's Report of No Distribution - No Funds
                            Deadline to file Objections: 2/3/12, DISCHARGED & CLOSED 2/10/12!!!

Comment

delphinus, YES the lawsuit is included - your BK atty will need to send a letter to that lawfirm with your case #, etc., stay etc, same to the court, and the case will get dismissed/non-suited (whatever your state has)!

Originally posted by delphinus317 View Post
                              Thank you for all of the support! Good Luck to you Nufsayd... Looks like we're on a similar schedule! I haven't gotten my 341 date yet, but I expect to hear any day now.

This Saturday, I got a certified letter in the mail for a notification of a civil lawsuit for one of my debts that is included in my BK. It's from a local credit union that I have an unsecured loan with. I did not know about the lawsuit when I filed last week. I left a message with my attorney, but I assume the lawsuit is included in the BK since I listed the credit union as a creditor & will go away once the BK is discharged?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X