Filed Yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
    delphinus, YES the lawsuit is included - your BK atty will need to send a letter to that lawfirm with your case #, etc., stay etc, same to the court, and the case will get dismissed/non-suited (whatever your state has)!
    Whew!! I figured it would be something like that. Thank you!!
    Filed Ch7 11/2011, 341 - 12/5/11, 12/6/11 - Trustee's Report of No Distribution - No Funds
    Deadline to file Objections: 2/3/12, DISCHARGED & CLOSED 2/10/12!!!

Comment

OK, so quick update. I was just reading the "Civil Action Hearing Notice" and the credit union is claiming that I defaulted on a "Home Equity Loan", which is complete BS. It is actually a "Retail LOC", and is listed on my credit report as an "unsecured loan". My attorney says it's no problem, but the whole collateral thing has me all jittery. I'm just wondering if they were intentional about their wording in the Civil Case or if it was a simple mistake.
      Filed Ch7 11/2011, 341 - 12/5/11, 12/6/11 - Trustee's Report of No Distribution - No Funds

Comment

Originally posted by delphinus317 View Post
        Thank you for all of the support! Good Luck to you Nufsayd... Looks like we're on a similar schedule! I haven't gotten my 341 date yet, but I expect to hear any day now.

This Saturday, I got a certified letter in the mail for a notification of a civil lawsuit for one of my debts that is included in my BK. It's from a local credit union that I have an unsecured loan with. I did not know about the lawsuit when I filed last week. I left a message with my attorney, but I assume the lawsuit is included in the BK since I listed the credit union as a creditor & will go away once the BK is discharged?
        Thank you and the same to you! Oh I meant to say my 341 is scheduled for the Dec 7th, not the 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by delphinus317 View Post
          OK, so quick update. I was just reading the "Civil Action Hearing Notice" and the credit union is claiming that I defaulted on a "Home Equity Loan", which is complete BS. It is actually a "Retail LOC", and is listed on my credit report as an "unsecured loan". My attorney says it's no problem, but the whole collateral thing has me all jittery. I'm just wondering if they were intentional about their wording in the Civil Case or if it was a simple mistake.
          I wouldn't worry about it. It was probably an error. Even if it was intentional, what is filed in the civil action is irrelevant. If they file a secured claim in your BK case, you can object to the claim.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Good luck to all of you, the waiting game is the worst on the nerves, but looking back, sooooooooo glad I did it, new lease on life, and makes you appreciate what you do have. Discharged 9/30/11 closed 11/02/11

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
              I wouldn't worry about it. It was probably an error. Even if it was intentional, what is filed in the civil action is irrelevant. If they file a secured claim in your BK case, you can object to the claim.
              That puts my mind at ease. Thank you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X