top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I don't check Pacer...I will get a discharge letter from the court, yes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I don't check Pacer...I will get a discharge letter from the court, yes?

Hi,

My 341 was Oct. 4...so early December is coming up. I have not done anything with Pacer nor know how to without going thru all the info here.
    I am aware that nothing might happen on Day 60 -- or as I can see on some posts here, until Day 90 even!

If I choose to do nothing but wait...I will get some type of official notice from the BK court as to the discharge, won't I?

I'm in Texas, the southern district (Houston.)

Appreciate the info.

Assuming you filed the certificate of completion for the 2nd credit counseling course and assuming there are no objections to the discharge, your discharge will be sent to you snail mail when it is issued.

Des.

Comment

My thoughts on PACER, it really isn't necessary and ultimately causes more harm than good in that it causes more frustration and anxiety than it cures.

Having said that, if you spent less than $1,000 on your BK attorney, then maybe you should get PACER since it is a good bet your attorney (if they charge that little) is not on the ball or going to keep you informed.

But for the most part, anything important or any event that will occur in your case that you need to know about, is mailed to you.

Comment

Thanks, people.

I have a very good attorney ($1750, a "special" as it included the $300 filing fee at the time) and I know that everything that should have been filed was, so it really is just about the waiting. Attorney did tell me that if there was no discharge on day 61 not to call <G>... my inclination is, as HHM notes, not to drive myself nuts looking at Pacer.

Comment

I managed to stay off PACER because I knew I would be obsessive about it. I got my notice from the court of discharge by mail two weeks after the 60 days. My attorney told me it could be up to 90 days after the 341 before I would hear anything. I wonder if they also send notice when the case closes too. I hear people talking about looking for that on PACER too. Hope your 60 days goes by fast!

Comment

Originally posted by budgetgal View Post
            I managed to stay off PACER because I knew I would be obsessive about it. I got my notice from the court of discharge by mail two weeks after the 60 days. My attorney told me it could be up to 90 days after the 341 before I would hear anything. I wonder if they also send notice when the case closes too. I hear people talking about looking for that on PACER too. Hope your 60 days goes by fast!
            Thanks Budgetgal...but now I'm trying to remember -- what's the difference between discharge and "close" ?? I hadn't even thought about that!

Comment

Originally posted by nickifan View Post
              Thanks Budgetgal...but now I'm trying to remember -- what's the difference between discharge and "close" ?? I hadn't even thought about that!
              Did some googling and came up with this link that explained it pretty good. http://methnerlaw.com/2010/03/10/dis...nkruptcy-case/ After reading that, I'm not going to worry about it. Sounds like there isn't an additional notice about the official closing.

Comment

Originally posted by budgetgal View Post
                Did some googling and came up with this link that explained it pretty good. http://methnerlaw.com/2010/03/10/dis...nkruptcy-case/ After reading that, I'm not going to worry about it. Sounds like there isn't an additional notice about the official closing.
                Thanks! As I am a no-asset the discharge and closing should be the same, as Methner explains. Hope that will be the case!

Comment

I also had a no asset case and didnt start checking Pacer till day 60. I admit when I did not see it around day 60, I was a little stressed, but then I got consumed with the holidays and work, and next thing you know, its discharged.
                  Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
                  The rebuilding begins

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                    My thoughts on PACER, it really isn't necessary and ultimately causes more harm than good in that it causes more frustration and anxiety than it cures.

Having said that, if you spent less than $1,000 on your BK attorney, then maybe you should get PACER since it is a good bet your attorney (if they charge that little) is not on the ball or going to keep you informed.

But for the most part, anything important or any event that will occur in your case that you need to know about, is mailed to you.
                    we never used pacer. i call it a stress inducing drug!

we got our discharge order and close order all in one nice envelope from the court on day number 63. perfect!

maybe we just handled things differently, but after the 341 we just put away our paperwork and filed the thoughts deep away in the darkest parts of our brains... and didn't even think about it until the notices came in the mail. LOL!! i guess we are just too old and have been through far worse things in our life's than to stress out everyday and follow pacer. we didn't even call the atty either. their job was done at that point. time was free and whatever was coming we'd deal with it then. of course we glad it went well for us, and mostly glad we didn't spend a couple of months stressing out about the outcome.

8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X