Background check/new job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MELLISSAMM View Post
    Thank you so much! I hope everything goes well today. I better start preparing for what I'm going to say. The job is an accounting assistant position for the local Court House. Maybe that's why they are being so strict. It's honestly quite embarassing to have to go in there and discuss my financial history with someone I don't know.
    i still think you got it!! after all they now know you are NOT in a debt! LOL!!! it's all gone that should make them happy.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

It doesn't sound like they know much about bankruptcy since they are wondering why you filed if you have zero balances.
      Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
        i still think you got it!! after all they now know you are NOT in a debt! LOL!!! it's all gone that should make them happy.
        Exactly. The concern would be that if you are in financial trouble you may be tempted to embezzle. You filed BK to take care of your financial trouble, so you don't need to resort to theft.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

It didn't go so well. All they did was discuss each of the credit cards on my credit report. They also said that they would have to let the CEO know about my bankruptcy since the position was in finance. The CEO will not be in until Monday. It felt like an invasion of privacy.

Comment

Wow Melissa-frankly they sound like to me (a word I can't use here but older kids use it all the time) ends in "bag" - maybe you got an inside look at the real "soul" (or lack thereof) of that place...

Comment

It didn't go so well. All they did was discuss each of the credit cards on my credit report. They also said that they would have to let the CEO know about my bankruptcy since the position was in finance. The CEO will not be in until Monday. It felt like an invasion of privacy.
              i don't want to keep your hope up, but i still don't think it's over. why??? because why are they going to run it by the CEO, if they weren't still interested??? they would have said we can't consider you because of your financial background due to the nature of the postion that is open. period. it was their way out!! and, they didn't take it.

i'm still keeping my fingers and toes crossed you'll get it let's try and think GOOD thoughts and if this doesn't work out, it just wasn't meant to be, something even BETTER will come up!
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I know it's hard not to be disapointed especially if you have been looking for a long time for permanant work but to go over each one of your credits cards? I just don't know what I would think about that. I can understand wanting an explanation but it just seems like this much scrutinity has to be somewhat discriminating. I'm not sure I'd want to work for a company that got that involved in my personal business. However, I guess if you really want the job and that is the way they do things there is not much you can do about it. If it is meant to be it will be.
                Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

i think iamold and dew make a really good point here.

i know i wouldn't want to work for someont that's already breathing down my neck even before i began to work for them. although, it may not be them exactly you are working for, if it's the HR dept. maybe it's just policy??? i would still see what happens and don't count them out. if they do come back with an offer, then you need to really think about what iam and dew have pointed out. and, i know, a job is better than no job.

Comment

an update for everyone who gave me advice............i didn't get the job! because of my bankruptcy. owell.

Comment

an update for everyone who gave me advice............i didn't get the job! because of my bankruptcy. owell.
                      ahhh MELL i am so sorry. not fair!!
                      filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                      "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Oh that is cr*p!!!!!! In CA can they legally do this with teh job you applied for??

Comment

I guess they can. They are a court house. I feel horrible.

Comment

Of course Melissa...they exempted themselves from the new CA law..

Melissa, I know it's easy for me to say to not feel horrible - a job is a job, and this looked like a good one...so I won't say don't feel terrible :-) But not for too long :-) Look, my mother used to say that sometimes it's better to be in your situation than to be there in three months and the place is awful...I think their philosophy the way they treated you shows you their real colors...

You will feel better - you WILL!!!! And you will get a new job too!!!

Comment

Oh darn it to hell! I agree with everyone else. You would not of liked working there anyway. I applied for a job in June and it took 4 interviews and a personality test before they would hire me. I worked there 2 weeks and quit because it was the job from hell. So maybe it's a blessing. Hang in there!

Comment

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

They sucked, Melissa. You don't suck. You would have hated working in that sea of suckiness.

You will find a BETTER job with nicer people - they did not deserve you!
                                ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                                Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X