notice from trustee, before 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

notice from trustee, before 341

I just got a copy of a letter sent to my BK attorney, requesting documents....most of which I have already given my attorney.

Pay stubs, bank statements, etc.

He has also requested 2 pay stubs after my filing date. I am assuming they want them to verify my income hasn't changed. That i didn't plan this right before a salary increase??? Not a problem, same job, same pay. I haven't had an increase in income in 4 years.

It also asks for my 2011 tax return, W2 for 2011 tax year.

My hearing is on January 30th. It says to submit this paperwork 7 days before my 341. My job usually doesn't mail them out until the 31st.

????

My other question is....do they time the mailing of these notices so you get them on the weekend when your attorney is unavailable? Or does it just seem to work that way?

Filed Chapter 7 - December 21, 2011

This is normal (panel) Trustee activity. They are checking to see that you didn't file on the eve of getting a great paying job! They are also checking your bank accounts to make sure that the balances you listed on the schedules, is what the statements reflect. They are also looking for large withdrawals/deposits and other evidence of hiding money.

As for timing... no they don't time it to happen on weekends. It just seems that way!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Okay. Thanks. I kind of figured as much.

You can't convince me they don't time the mailing of these things. ;)

Back to my weekend, uninterrupted by collection calls.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Comment

It is such a PITA when clients get those letters. They don't realize that they are addressed to the attorney and the client is just being copied. At least 3 times a week I get a phone call from a client and before I can get a word in edgewise I hear this: OMYGODOMYGODOMYGOD I JUST GOT THIS LETTER FROM THE BANKRUPTCY DUDE AND HE SAYS I GOTTA SEND IN ALL THIS STUFF AND IT WAS THE SAME STUFF YOU TOLD ME TO GIVE YOU AND NOW I CAN'T SEND IT TO HIM CAUSE I GAVE IT ALL TO YOU AND YOU MUST NOT HAVE SENT IT CAUSE HE'S ASKING ME FOR IT AND WHAT IMA GONA DO OMYGODOMYGODOMYGOD I'MA BE IN TROUBLE NOW.

Same when we have to file an emergency petition where all the documents are not filed at the initial filing. The court sends out this stern sounding letter to me and copies the client saying "On or before January 15 you must file the following documents or this case will be dismissed without further notice..... blah ....... blah.......blah. OMYGODOMYGODOMYGOD YOU DINT FILE SOMETHING RIGHT AND NOW IMA GONNA LOSE MY HOUSE AND MY CAR AND YOU TOLD ME YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE DOING AND YOU MUST NOT HAVE CAUSE I GOT THIS LETTER RIGHT HERE IN MY HANES SAYING THEY GONNA DISMISS MY CASE AND NOW WHAT IMA GONNA DO OMYGODOMYGOD.

**SIGH**
        Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by msbklawyer View Post
          it is such a pita when clients get those letters. They don't realize that they are addressed to the attorney and the client is just being copied. At least 3 times a week i get a phone call from a client and before i can get a word in edgewise i hear this: Omygodomygodomygod i just got this letter from the bankruptcy dude and he says i gotta send in all this stuff and it was the same stuff you told me to give you and now i can't send it to him cause i gave it all to you and you must not have sent it cause he's asking me for it and what ima gona do omygodomygodomygod i'ma be in trouble now.

Same when we have to file an emergency petition where all the documents are not filed at the initial filing. The court sends out this stern sounding letter to me and copies the client saying "on or before january 15 you must file the following documents or this case will be dismissed without further notice..... Blah ....... Blah.......blah. Omygodomygodomygod you dint file something right and now ima gonna lose my house and my car and you told me you knew what you were doing and you must not have cause i got this letter right here in my hanes saying they gonna dismiss my case and now what ima gonna do omygodomygod.

**sigh**
          lmfao!
          Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Happy Friday, MSbklawyer! Have a cocktail!
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

OMYGODOMYGODOMYGOD MSbklawyer is here!
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I did at least notice that the letter was addressed to my attorney. So give me a point for that!

I think I'm beyond the OMG, OMG point.

Although when I saw the return address on the envelope my stomach lurched at little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                  Happy Friday, MSbklawyer! Have a cocktail!
                  It's a bit early, but, OK, since you twisted my arm here goes. . . .

Edit

Oh, you were talking about last eve. Oh well.
                  Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X