This is turning into a nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
    Our debt dies with us. The creditors can go after our assets, but children and grandchildren would have no liability for the debt except maybe up to the value of assets they inherit.
    Thank you for posting this. It alway's bothered me when life insurance commercials try to sell their policies by saying that you don't want to leave your bills to your loved ones.
    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

I'm curious. What exactly would a tt do with gift card?
      Sell it I guess?

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
        I'm curious. What exactly would a tt do with gift card? Sell it I guess?
        Slip the card into his/her pocket for future use?

Actually in Gietl the Trustee's final report shows that the store agreed to redeem the gift certificate for its face value so she got cash for it ($4,500.00) and then distributed the cash to herself and creditors.

Des.

Comment

Lesson to be learned.
          Buy them in small amounts with every shopping trip.
          CYA.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

OP, are you there? It's been a while since you posted. We all hope you are ok.
            We never heard about your housing situation. It could be significant.
            Sending good thoughts over the ether to you.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
              Lesson to be learned.
              Buy them in small amounts with every shopping trip.
              CYA.
              No matter how small they are, they are assets that should be included in your petition.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                No matter how small they are, they are assets that should be included in your petition.
                With all the work involved in preparing for a bankruptcy I'm sure it's easy to overlook a few small details such as gift cards.
                Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                  With all the work involved in preparing for a bankruptcy I'm sure it's easy to overlook a few small details such as gift cards.
                  Advocating overlooking them intentionally is advocating fraud which is against forum rules.
                  LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                  Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                  $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I'd hate to get my bankruptcy dismissed because I neglected to include all assets no matter how small.
                    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X