top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Buy wants THEIR TV, computers and surround sound back??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Buy wants THEIR TV, computers and surround sound back??

Alright so I have read several threads on bass and associates attempts to strong arm people into paying them for these items after discharge. My case has been discharged for probably 6 months or so. Then yesterday I got a letter in the mail saying they want to set up a time to come collect THEIR items. My main question is this: Is there anyone up here who has had this same letter and ignored it, and maybe it's been 3 years or so and you still have THEIR stuff because they never came to get it. Most of the threads I read on bass and associates only last about 3 days so I wanted to know if anyone had this happen 3 years ago or so and nothing happened? Thanks!

Send them a nice lovely letter that says if they contact you again you will sue them. This, of course, is assuming this debt was included in your BK.

Comment

Originally posted by df04527 View Post
      Send them a nice lovely letter that says if they contact you again you will sue them. This, of course, is assuming this debt was included in your BK.
      Yes, I did fail to mention in my earlier post but this debt was included in my BK. I was just wondering if some of these people who had posted on this topic 1-6 years ago could share what might have eventually happened with their case. But, I doubt they even surf this site anymore.

Comment

when I was on here before, we use to tell them to provide you with a writ of recusal? (not sure if that is the term or not) and no don't give them back anything. To get it back they have to go to court, pay money, and file the writ. Seldom do they do that.

Comment

sorry, writ of replevin. I looked it up. They can't get your stuff without one

Comment

They don't really want your used electronics. The cost to have someone come pick them up and store them would far exceed whatever they might sell for at auction. It's just a ploy to try and frighten you into repaying some (or all) of the debt. Send a copy of the discharge order, and a letter informing them to cease and desist from any further contact, and that any such continued contact is in violation of the discharge injunction. Send it Certified Mail so you know they got it. They won't bother you again.

Comment

What bcohen said

There's no way Best Buy wants your 'old' electronics. They just want the money. Specifically, they want money that you don't owe them anymore because it was legally discharged. They came after me too, while I was in the process of going through BK, and my attorney said ignore them. I did, and never heard a peep after discharge.

Originally posted by bcohen View Post
              They don't really want your used electronics. The cost to have someone come pick them up and store them would far exceed whatever they might sell for at auction. It's just a ploy to try and frighten you into repaying some (or all) of the debt. Send a copy of the discharge order, and a letter informing them to cease and desist from any further contact, and that any such continued contact is in violation of the discharge injunction. Send it Certified Mail so you know they got it. They won't bother you again.

Comment

It is not a violation of the permanent injunction for a secured creditor to try to collect the property that secures the discharged debt. It may be true that the creditor is hoping the letter will scare the debtor into paying the debt, but you'd have to have more than a letter requesting an appointment to collect the property to prove that they are trying to do anything other than collect the property.
                LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Tell them to come get it. None of the 3 creditors who said they wanted their stuff back from me ever came to get it.
                  Jessica
                  Filed Chapter 7 (Minnesota): 5/23/11
                  Discharged 8/30/11, Not yet closed...

Comment

Do you even have these things anymore and do they still work?
                    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X