Can't find Case# on PACER~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find Case# on PACER~

I'm having challenges locating my case on Pacer. Keeps saying there's no record- yet charges me .08- racked up $.80 now. I've used the query with case # and my name....
    Any ideas or suggestions?

First, make sure you are in the right court. Go to: http://www.pacer.gov/psco/cgi-bin/links.pl The list of bankruptcy courts is to the far right. Scroll down to your district.

Once you are certain you are in the right court, try searching using only your social security number.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I had a somewhat similar problem, only with mine, I knew my case had been filed but I just didn't have my Case #. So I just plugged in my SS# and there it was. Easy as pie, once you get the hang of it.

Good luck!! DM

Comment

Had same issue - used SS and it came up.

Comment

Definitely use SSN and DEFINITELY make sure you are searching the CORRECT court! I was looking in the U.S. District Court and not the U.S. Bankruptcy Court at one point! It makes a huge difference! They use the same exact system which is PACER.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Found it! I'm good- thx everyone. Only 30 days left

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X