Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution

Hi All,

We had our 341 last month and the lawyer who was with us told us the trustee was a new one, and might be officious. Well the trustee at that meeting continued our 341 to a day next week and we received letters stating it was mandatory that we attend the next meeting. BUT I just checked on PACER today and it has been updated by the trustee with a "Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution". Is this good? Does it probably mean that we will not have to go down to that meeting after all?

My lawyer hasn't got back to me yet today and at this point probably won't today. I have a business and need to write a schedule but if I don't have to put employees on while we go down to this meeting that would be good to know.

What is the consensus?

Tartbird

It's a good sign that you won't have to go. But, unless your attorney tells you that you don't have to attend the meeting, you should go.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you for replying, Lady in The Red. The continuance was called a "business review" on the original paper telling us to appear. If he has abandoned all assets as stated on PACER, what would we be showing up to do?

Comment

The post could been a clerical error. It happens even in PACER. Have your attorney call and confirm there will not be a second 341. You are this close to being done, take a little more time to be sure. Plan for the worse and hope for the best.
        Chap 7 Non-consumer --Realized headed for bankruptcy Nov 2010 --Started planning BK7 Spring 2011 -- Filed Sept 2011 -- 341 & Continued 341 Meetings Nov 2011 --No Asset Case Nov 2011 --Discharged Jan 2012 --Closed Feb 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Tartbird View Post
          Thank you for replying, Lady in The Red. The continuance was called a "business review" on the original paper telling us to appear. If he has abandoned all assets as stated on PACER, what would we be showing up to do?
          I don't know. Maybe nothing. You may show up just to be told you don't have to be there. But, without a definitive answer from your attorney, it's better to go for no reason than to risk dismissal of your case because you don't show up.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

We will of course be sure to ask the lawyer. But I can't IMAGINE why we would have to drive all that way (it is like a hour and fourty five minute drive) just to be told we don't need to be there. But stranger things have happened. Thank you all for your advice!

Comment

i would make certain. make no mistake if you miss this meeting it could cause you so many problems, too many to even think about. make certain and check it out with your atty. make SURE it is put in writting that you need not attend.
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X