All balances with creditors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All balances with creditors

Hi, I have a question, I filed ch7 and had my 341 meeting as I'm cleaning out my file cabinet I'm finding bills, I realized at one point I had more than one account with the same creditor (a cell phone bill), Same thing with a hospital... when I took all my bills to my atty I only gave him the most recent one for each creditor.. Does this mean the creditor can still attempt to collect on the other accounts with them?
    Retained Atty 4/2/12 - Filed 4/24/12 - 341 Meeting 5/23/12 - 7/30/12 It's all over

No - a Ch 7 discharged all of them; however, if they are not specifically named then it might be difficult to convince them that their claim was discharged should they ever come looking for you (or sell to a collections agency). Ask your attorney if he is at all concerned about them and whether you should provide the info for an amendment.

Comment

Wouldn't your attorney have noticed that when they ran your credit report?

Comment

No. only the recent accounts were showing on my credit report
        Retained Atty 4/2/12 - Filed 4/24/12 - 341 Meeting 5/23/12 - 7/30/12 It's all over

Comment

Not really enough info here to be certain. In general, if your BK is a no asset case ,then the omission of a creditor is not a problem. Since there were no assets to distribute, the un-named creditor was not been harmed. If you are an asset case go talk to your attorney to map out a course of action.
          Lawyer - $3000
          Filing fee - $299
          Fresh Start - Priceless

Comment

not really ...all creditors need and are required by the court and by law to be properly notified of your filing. since they have a legal right to file AP's or other motions connected to their claim.

in as much as these credit reports that the law offices get they are SO FAR OFF it's unreal. when we got our copy is show are current address as a home we owned over 30 years earlier and was actually a piece of rental property and not even or residence. also, we noticed for example America Express listed our account 5 different times!!!!!!!! changed the account by one number on each one! i listed everyone of of them.

we did overkill when doing our creditor reporting, but that was just us. i have heard to the contrary that if you list them on the petition that should be good enough. as a matter of fact on many of our creditors i listed amount owed as "unknown". but listed them and their address and in some cases no account number at all when i couldn't get them.

i think you should be ok, but i would just run it by your atty to make certain how they view this.

best of luck!
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X