Documents for Attorney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Documents for Attorney

I'm filling out the questionnaire from my attorney so I can hopefully file soon, but I'm coming across a few things on the list of documents needed that I'm not sure about.

The questionnaire asks for "From your payroll department at work, get copies of any wage garnishment orders or voluntary automatic deductions from your paycheck (Health savings accounts, cafeteria plans, etc.)." Well, no garnishments. I was able to get onto the website for my flexible spending plan and print off a statement that shows the deductions out of each paycheck along with the balance and transactions. Is this acceptable?

What about basic medical and dental? Do I need something showing the actual amount of the deduction? On my paystubs it shows "Premium -70.09." This includes both my medical and dental. Our dental is through Aflac so I can get on their website and get a printout of the actual amount of that $70.09 that is for the dental portion, but do I need something separate that shows the actual amount deducted for medical. I'm not sure how specific I need to be here. Just trying to avoid any delays and if at all possible I'd prefer not to have to ask my employer for any of this info.

Thanks in advance.

How recent does your credit report need to be? I ran one on 5/20. Can I use that one?

Comment

First, the purpose of the credit report is to make sure you capture all your credit and collection accounts. A credit report may still not include "every" debt you have, but is a great start... especially for creditor names and addresses which you need on the petition.

As for medical, you should be able to list Healthcare and Dental together. At least that is what I did on my petition. The big thing is that your attorney is trying to get the "actual" amount you pay so as to enter it correctly on the forms. In other words, don't guess at the amount... just look at your paystub for it.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        First, the purpose of the credit report is to make sure you capture all your credit and collection accounts. A credit report may still not include "every" debt you have, but is a great start... especially for creditor names and addresses which you need on the petition.

As for medical, you should be able to list Healthcare and Dental together. At least that is what I did on my petition. The big thing is that your attorney is trying to get the "actual" amount you pay so as to enter it correctly on the forms. In other words, don't guess at the amount... just look at your paystub for it.
        Well that was the question, use the paystub or do I need a specific breakdown of what part is for medical and what part is for dental?

So is a 5/20 credit report good enough? I'm a really easy chapter 7 so I'm not concerned about any other debt. I know what I owe. I check my credit report like clockwork every few months, have for years.

Comment

Any credit report is good enough. Especially if it's within the last 6 months. I prefer 30-60 days, but your report should be fine.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
            Any credit report is good enough. Especially if it's within the last 6 months. I prefer 30-60 days, but your report should be fine.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ksgirl38 View Post
              Well that was the question, use the paystub or do I need a specific breakdown of what part is for medical and what part is for dental?
              Your paystub should be sufficient because it is a document from your payroll department that lists deductions.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                Your paystub should be sufficient because it is a document from your payroll department that lists deductions.
                I thought so, but just wanted to be sure since it didn't break down what portion was medical and which portion was dental. Thank you.

Comment

surely

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X