top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SE and you do a CH 7, can BCBS cancel, deny, or jack your rates on your Health Ins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SE and you do a CH 7, can BCBS cancel, deny, or jack your rates on your Health Ins?

will going BK in chapter 7 affect my self employed health insurance?

can Blue Cross cancel me, or deny me or or raise the rates on my private SE Ins becuase I went BK?

It already went up 39.4% this calender year, can they kick me out or jack it up more because of BK?

All constructive comments, ideas, links most welcome...: )

They cannot deny you in bk anymore than they could before bk. As long as you pay the premium. It is a living expense and not new debt. 'Hub
    Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 10-22-2012, 09:19 AM. Reason: To remove political comment
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

all circumstances have exceptions, however your healthcare usually will not be effected by your credit score. what you are more likely to see is an increase in auto and other types of insurances as more states use the unfair practice of using credit scores to determine how likely you are to commit insurance fraud solely based on your credit score.
      Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 10-22-2012, 09:20 AM. Reason: To remove political comment
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

You will have trouble with your homeowner's insurance. So far we haven't experienced any with the auto insurance that I know of.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I filed chapter 13 two years ago. My health and auto insurance have basically stayed the same. The premium on my homeowner's insurance is the same, but they changed their policy last year to cover less. They also sent me a notice that they now prefer to be paid monthly, when previously the monthly payments were larger but spread over 6 months instead of a year. Probably the fact that I bk'ed has something to do with these changes.

Comment

After editing 2 posts and deleting another, I must ask: When posting in this thread, please make sure you focus on the OP's question: Will BK cause my health insurance to be cancelled or rates to be increased? Discussion of factors not related to BK that may or may not cause increases in insurance rates are not on topic.

Thank you.
            Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 10-24-2012, 01:38 PM.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X