top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how long after filing for creditors to stop calling? and a rant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how long after filing for creditors to stop calling? and a rant...

Finally filed late on Tuesday; most of the calls have stopped, but two companies have continued. I trust it is just lag time in them electronically getting the message about my case.

The calls are mainly during work hours so I cannot answer them; but one just came in from Allied Interstate (for Lowes) and the agent began the call by barking off my birthdate and last 4 of social..... I literally could not understand her. So it seems even debt collectors have been outsourced overseas. Yikes.

So how long does it take for all to get the message?

Cheers!

Everyone should probably be notified by Tuesday of next week, but two weeks at the latest.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Have your case number next to the phone. If you get another call, tell them you filed bankruptcy and give them the case number. Tell them that any further calls are in violation of the automatic stay.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

as Lady points out the key here is having that case number to relay to the creditor, without it, actually, they have a legal right to continue to call. however, once they have rec'd that case number and continue, they are in violation as has been pointed out above.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by catlfuzzy View Post
          Finally filed late on Tuesday; most of the calls have stopped, but two companies have continued. I trust it is just lag time in them electronically getting the message about my case.

The calls are mainly during work hours so I cannot answer them; but one just came in from Allied Interstate (for Lowes) and the agent began the call by barking off my birthdate and last 4 of social..... I literally could not understand her. So it seems even debt collectors have been outsourced overseas. Yikes.

So how long does it take for all to get the message?

Cheers!
          For me, it was less than a week for all but one straggler, which stopped calling once I gave them my attorney's name. Bottom line, though -- calls or no calls -- is that you now have the full protection of the automatic stay and your legal obligation to these debts (assuming your discharge goes off without a hitch) has ended.
          4/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 no asset case w/car reaffirm
          5/2010 - 341 meeting, no creditors present
          10/2010 - Reaffirm finally approved and case discharged the same day

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X