341 Today - It's finally over!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Today - It's finally over!!

My 341 was this morning at 11. I arrived at the Federal Court House at around 9:45 so I could sit thru and get the feel for what was going to take place. I have to say the Trustee seemed to be a very kind and caring man. With my permission, my attorney delayed filing by one week so that this particular Trustee would be the one presiding over his cases. There were probably 50 cases to be heard and he started right on time at 10 am. Most of the cases were Chapter 7, No Asset cases with the exeption of a few. I have to say my attorney choice was excellent, he was right on time, pulled all of us [there were 4] into a conference room to just give us a little pep talk, tell us to relax and that it would be over before we knew it. He signaled to us just prior to being called in front of the trustee. I answered 5 questions and it was over in less than 60 seconds! Case closed!! I am now an official member of the "60 Day Club"!! I am so relieved, "calm" and couldn't be happier at the chance of a "fresh start" - no more running on that hamster wheel!! Thank you all on this forum for your advice and the wealth of information about just anything!! I couldn't be happier...so relieved!!

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! sounds like it went absolutely PERFECT!! also, it really sounds like you have an excellent atty.

welcome to the CLUB!! start dancin!!!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Boy o Boy that sounds wonderful! I hope I am as lucky as you were today when I go next week! Congrats to you and best of luck while you wait out your 60 days! Did they ask about the reaffirmation of the house with only 5 questions??

Comment

That was question # 5 "Will you be reaffirming anything?" I replied that I would be reaffirming my car...the trustee then went on to briefly explain what reaffirmation meant. He then said this is a clear, no asset case and Good Luck. I thanked him and went on my merry way!! The 5 questions were routine ...I felt kind of sorry for this couple who were called earlier...the wife pretty much threw her husband and the attorney under the bus...when the Trustee asked if she understood the Bk documents that she signed, she said no and pretty much said she had been coerced in to signing. The proceeding came to a stop, the Trustee had to go seek advice from the Judge in another room. Needless to say their case was postponed until June. Not really sure what the heck she was thinking!! All I know is I was happy to get out of there!!
        Last edited by mknolan; 04-03-2013, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Oh, I remember that feeling so well! These next sixty days might be the longest of your life, but the worst is over! It's all downhill from here.
          Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
          Discharged! June 28, 2012
          CLOSED!!! August 8, 2012

Comment

Welcome to Club Sixty! (The majority of 341 Meetings are not bad at all!)
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Your in the club

Comment

Had my 341. I am buying back assests. Will my discharge come before or after the payments the to the trustee are finished?

Comment

Originally posted by ellis2156 View Post
                  Had my 341. I am buying back assests. Will my discharge come before or after the payments the to the trustee are finished?
                  Your discharge will come as soon after 60 days after your 341 Meeting. The administration of your assets does not affect your discharge; it only affects your closing.
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                  Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by mknolan View Post
                    I felt kind of sorry for this couple who were called earlier...the wife pretty much threw her husband and the attorney under the bus...when the Trustee asked if she understood the Bk documents that she signed, she said no and pretty much said she had been coerced in to signing. The proceeding came to a stop, the Trustee had to go seek advice from the Judge in another room. Needless to say their case was postponed until June. Not really sure what the heck she was thinking!! All I know is I was happy to get out of there!!
                    Oooooh! Someone's sleeping on the couch tonight!

I remember at my 341, someone was called, but they didn't show up. The attorney informed the trustee that the person sent their firm an e-mail. He had a copy of it on hand, and read it aloud. It said something to the effect of, "Please cancel my bankruptcy, I've decided not to file, blah, blah, blah." But, from what I understand, once you get the ball rolling in a C7, you can't just "cancel". It's not as simple as that.
                    CLOSED!!! August 8, 2012

Comment

So can I safely say that I'm in the 60 day club?

Comment

Huge congratulations, mk. I'm so happy for you and feel a boost of courage for myself!

Comment

Originally posted by ellis2156 View Post
                          So can I safely say that I'm in the 60 day club?
                          If you've had your 341, you're in!
                          CLOSED!!! August 8, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm View Post
                            If you've had your 341, you're in!

YEAH!

Thanks to all of you on this forum for all your advice and uplifting emails. I am so glad I found this forum!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X