notice of assets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

notice of assets.

Filing chap 7' Just saw on Pacer trustee has entered notice of assets notified creditors. What does this mean?

It means you have non exempt assets that the trustee plans to liquidate and distribute to creditors and that the trustee sent a notice of creditors informing them of the deadline to file their claims.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

So by non exempt what is that? Like furniture? Not my car or house?

Comment

Originally posted by ellis2156 View Post
        So by non exempt what is that? Like furniture? Not my car or house?
        You're going to need to know what your state allows for exemptions.
        Have you spoken with your attorney?

Comment

Live on fla. When I filed my attorney put through paperwork showing house and car as exempt.

Comment

What about tax refunds - if not exempt? What about preferential payments you may have made that the Trustee can recover? Either of those would make it an asset case.

Des.

Comment

She made mention of obtaining my tax refund at the 341 mtg. What do you mean by preferential payments? Payments to creditors? I stopped payments before filing. I am confused.

Comment

Preferential payments are payments of $600 or more made to a particular unsecured creditor within the 90 days prior to filing. Such payments can be pulled back from the creditor by the Trustee. If such payment was made to an insider like a family member, the 90 days is extended to 1 year.

Des.

Comment

Only thing that high would have been my mortgage payment. Getting back 569 in taxes.

Comment

Mortgage payments are not recoverable and it seems a bit petty for a Trustee to go after $569 but stranger things have happened.

Des.

Comment

My mineral rights turned mine into an asset case (along with my tax refund), do you remember listing anything like that or perhaps, items of big value like, jewelry or furs?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X