341 meeting next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To everyone on this thread regarding PACER:

PACER can be very expensive and addictive. Even though to open a document, it 'only' costs $0.10 a page (used to be $0.08), this can add up VERY quickly. One BKForum member wracked up such a large pre-filing PACER bill that she included it in her filing and got it Discharged!

When we were going through our bankruptcy, we learned to pull up the docket index. If there was a new entry, we opened it up--it is a PDF file--and saved to our local computer with a name that identified that document. Yes, we paid initially to open and 'get' that document, but once we had it saved, we could go back and look at it whenever we wanted. We did that with all of the documents in our case, and the AP that was related to it.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by bianci View Post
      <snipped for space>

So in no time, in fact in just a couple of visits to PACER, over a two night period, I had a whooping $26. and change bill racked-up! :-(

Needless to say, I won't be using or viewing PACER again, unless I absolutely have to for some reason!

By the way your attorney or his firm should have a PACER account, I would think. Perhaps he could look-up, then 'Save Page As', and then forward to you the PACER status, info. & document(s) you're interested in viewing? I did a 'Save Page As' on approx. 10 or 12 other peoples BK documents - so as to reference them quickly - without having to log back in to PACER.

Best Wishes to you.
      bianci?

This tells you how to check PACER for updates on your case without invoking charges unless you are viewing a changed/new document in your case. Invaluable thread, IMO.

PS: AngelinaCat and I were cross-posting but her advice is invaluable, too!! Save what you open to look at - then you don't have to pay to look at it again!!
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
        bianci?

This tells you how to check PACER for updates on your case without invoking charges unless you are viewing a changed/new document in your case. Invaluable thread, IMO.

Wow! Thanks very much for posting that PACER guide & thread! It does indeed look to be an invaluable thread. Being new here, I see that it can take awhile before one has time to familiarize oneself with all the 'Sticky's' - on all the various sub-forums. Let alone find the time to read them all. So a big thanks to YOU for pointing out that link. ;-)
        Chapter 7 Filed ~ Pro Se — 7-10-2013
        341 Meeting ~ Pro Se — 8-14-2013
        . . grateful to now be a '60 Day Club' newbie!

Comment

I have tried several times to sign up for Pacer but keep getting error email saying that address was rejected for my debit card. I am putting in the correct address and even called Pacer but all they said was make sure you are putting in your correct address. Its so frustrating. I guess I have to sign up through the mail? anyone else have this experience?

Thanks

Comment

Have you ever used your debit card online before, like at amazon or something? Did you have any problems then?
            Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

I would check and see how the address is listed on your debit card account. It could be something silly like St. or St or Street, or 5 plus 4 digit zip instead of 5. I had some problems awhile back with my Paypal debit card, turned out the system didn't want punctuation like a period after Ave.

I don't know how this applies to Pacer specifically, but check anyway. I was signed up when I filed, I saved all my own documents to the computer, and printed from there. I didn't 'research' any other cases as some do, I never went over the monthly free page amount, and never had any charges.

And, I'm so sorry to hear you were grilled at your 341.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple8 View Post
                I have tried several times to sign up for Pacer but keep getting error email saying that address was rejected for my debit card. I am putting in the correct address and even called Pacer but all they said was make sure you are putting in your correct address. Its so frustrating. I guess I have to sign up through the mail? anyone else have this experience?

Thanks
                I chose not to give them my bank card #, so I opted for the password to be mailed to me, and it arrived via mail just 2 days later, so that worked fine for me.

However when I changed my password, from the one they mailed me, it didn't work at first, so I called PACER and a nice gentleman informed me that sometimes the system responds slow and that password changes can take up to 24 hours, before taking affect.

I doubt that's the case with debit card sign-ups, but nonetheless if you're still having problems with signing-up for an account, you should call PACER Service Center at 800-676-6856, imo.
                Chapter 7 Filed ~ Pro Se — 7-10-2013
                341 Meeting ~ Pro Se — 8-14-2013
                . . grateful to now be a '60 Day Club' newbie!

Comment

This was the only site I had a problem with. I just signed up to get it through the mail. Thanks for all the replies.

Comment

Pacer isn't going to be very helpful at this stage. Your attorney will communicate with the trustee to clarrify what documents he wants and will forward the documents you provide. The trustee might then have questions or ask for more documents. None of the coomunications wiil be part of the court record, so nothing will show up on Pacer.
                    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                      Pacer isn't going to be very helpful at this stage. Your attorney will communicate with the trustee to clarrify what documents he wants and will forward the documents you provide. The trustee might then have questions or ask for more documents. None of the coomunications wiil be part of the court record, so nothing will show up on Pacer.
                      Thanks for all the replies. I read the link and logged on. The date of last filing shown is a date before my meeting.. so I am guessing nothing new would be on there? I don't want to click on anything and spend money looking for nothing? As I have no money! And yes I have been copied on emails that have transpired between my attorney and the trustee.

Comment

What if credit card companies won't provide the statements? Suggestions? What happens if I can't provide to Trustee. One credit card company has already sent me statements, but another a credit union wants $270.00 for the request. I am unemployed and don't have 270.00 much less 10.00 right now. It took me saving my unemployment(before it ran out) to come up with the attorney fee. So frustrating..

Comment

Sorry to hear your 341 did not go well. Call the credit union and explain the issue. Suggest to then that it is better to send it to you at no cost like other banks then to have the panel TT or the USTT sending them a "request" for the records. BTW credit unions seem to take it personally when you discharge debt owed them.
                          Lawyer - $3000
                          Filing fee - $299
                          Fresh Start - Priceless

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X