341 meeting next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting next week

Thoughts? My 341 is next week and per the schedule I'm last.. Ugh do you think thats good or bad ? I have a no asset chap 7 all credit card debt and medical bills. I am going to go early to watch.

The order of your case shouldn't make any difference. We were two cases behind behind a 30-minute long multimillion dollar business bankruptcy that was contested by a creditor with a suitcase full of paperwork. We were done in 3 minutes with no surprises.

Good luck.
    Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

Comment

Thanks.. The whole process has been scary for me!

Comment

Read some 341 stories at http://www.bkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?33-341-Meeting. You'll see that most are quick and painless. As long as you were honest on your petition and are not trying to hide anything, there's nothing to worry about.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I was so worried about mine. Turned out it was exactly as easy as everyone told me it would be.

Have your ID and original SS ready. Answer only the question you are asked, and be honest. I expect you'll post a "my 341 was so easy and quick" note next week.
          Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

Thanks for the link. I plan on having the id ready and plan on only speak when asked a question.

Comment

This is a great forum, and sub-forum! So glad to have found BK Forum!

So, how do you find out what order you're to be called-up, at your 341 meeting, 'per the schedule'?
              Chapter 7 Filed ~ Pro Se — 7-10-2013
              341 Meeting ~ Pro Se — 8-14-2013
              . . grateful to now be a '60 Day Club' newbie!

Comment

You will be sent a paper in the mail telling you the time of the meeting. Plan on getting to the meeting place plenty early--at least one-half hour ahead.

Once you are there, there will be notices posted all over the place listing the order in which you will be called.

As far as I know, there is no significance in the order in which you are scheduled.
                Last edited by AngelinaCat; 08-04-2013, 05:54 PM.
                "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Funny story about mine - I showed up right on time and my atty said "they are waiting for you - you are the only one!" - all the rest were recall 341's. I was in and out within 10 minutes and that was only because a representative from Best Buy/Bass & Ass was there.
                  Chapter 7 filed: 5/12/13 (over median - no asset) | 341 Hearing: 6/12/13 (Bass & Associates appeared for Best Buy) | Report of No Distribution: 6/12/13 | Discharged 8/18/13 | Case Closed: 8/18/13

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                    You will be sent a paper in the mail telling you the time of the meeting. Plan on getting to the meeting place plenty early--at least one-half hour ahead.

Once you are there, there will be notices posted all over the place listing the order in which you will be called.

As far as I know, there is no significance in the order in which you are scheduled.
                    Thanks, and also for the heads-up on getting there early! ;-) Got the 341 Meeting paper about 3 weeks ago. It's next Wed. @ 10:00;
                    I'm so nervous I took the whole day off.... in case I need it to recover.

Comment

Make sure you know where the place is. I always caution everyone to get there early in case there are traffic problems or parking problems. Make sure you have your DL and SS card and anything else you may have been instructed to bring. And a roll of quarters in case you have to feed a parking meter.

Comment

It was a 341 meeting from hell. I am so stressed out, I was literally ill after and the whole 2 hour drive home. My appt was delayed due to the first one of the morning taking over 2 hours. It was the trustee and the trustee's boss.. I am not sure what his exact title is. I answered everything honestly and still I was grilled like I was lying. I should have known to expect something because everytime the trustee finished with someone and asked if any creditors this "trustee boss" would get up and sit at the table and start asking questions.. more like a grilling of questions. It was my turn and mine is a no asset chap 7 credit cards(alot) and medical bills, plus a student loan (I know its not dischargeable) I am unemployed and filed without spouse. My spouse would not file..even though he is broke, still hopes he can turn things around. We don't have joint debt, not since marriage. The trustee asked me about the large credit card debt and I answered honestly and then he asked me about my interest in my husbands business.. he is self employed. I have not been apart of the business (llc) for a year and 8 months. I haven't received any monies from the business since 2011. He started grilling and stating that there is no way my husband only makes this much based on the sales.. my husband only makes 8-10% percent margin on the items he sells. He then said that it appears I turned over my interest so I could file bankruptcy. I was in shock. I advised him that I did not, I was not even considering bankruptcy at that point. He then stated that he wants 3 years statements for all the credit cards, he believes they are business charges.. this is not the case. Some are possibly but just a small percentage of the total owed. I closed the majority of the cards in 2008,2009,2010. I stopped paying in 2011 on half of them. I tried to make the minimum payments until I just couldn't anymore. I only had two cards open in 2012 and I didn't charge anything on them after 8/12. I became unemployed in Sept 2012.

I don't know if the meeting was over? if I have to go back? my attorney wasn't really clear.. just told me to send a letter to the credit card companies requesting 3 years of statements and that he wants copies of the books for my husbands business for the last three years. I asked specifically what they wanted as I already provided tax returns, balance sheet and p&L. They didn't answer my question. I guess a letter will come hopefully outlining exactly what they want. Has anyone dealt with this?

I wasn't going to sign up for Pacer but I think I will now so I can see what is going on.

When my mind is right I will post about some of the other cases I sat through.

I am so stressed out and literally shaken by the entire thing.

Comment

My state is a community property state, so in my state that business would be an asset of yours that they would understandably want to explore.

I imagine the meeting has been continued (meaning NOT concluded). They need more information to determine if they can pursue an interest in the business.
                          Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

Stay Positive and Keep the Faith!

Sorry to hear of your rough experience, Purple8. :-( I've read a few other posts where the U.S. Trustee (the local bk court trustees' boss?) sat-in on and grilled, in what sounded like a very obnoxious and condescending manner, other member's, whilst they were at their 341's. Seems, to me, like your attorney should've been able to find out exactly what they wanted...before you & he left your 341 meeting, but then I basically know nothing as my 341 isn't 'til next week. I filed Pro Se a month ago.
                            Hopefully it will all work out well for you & your husband in the end, and you'll get your discharge in the regular time period.

Be careful if you sign-up for the PACER account! I used it when I was preparing my A~J Schedules, SoFA, Means Test, Summaries & Declarations, etc.... and even though they only charge ".10 cents per document", it's a very deceiving program, designed mainly, I think, for law firms with deep pockets, and stacked against the private citizen user.

After signing-in, you have to navigate through a few PACER webpages before you get to the page were you can click on what you want to look at; (in my case, I wanted to look at other peoples filed Schedules & Summaries, etc.).

It's at that point -- after you finally click on the actual document(s) that you think you want to look at -- that you expect to be charged the ".10 cents per document". But that's not the case. In actuality, you get charged for every PACER webpage you go to, or navigate through after the PACER Log-In page! ...rolleyes...

Plus... if the document is 30 or more pages...you get charged $3.00 (max.), even though you only wanted to look at one, or two...of the 30 some odd documents! ...another big rolleyes...

So in no time, in fact in just a couple of visits to PACER, over a two night period, I had a whooping $26. and change bill racked-up! :-(

Needless to say, I won't be using or viewing PACER again, unless I absolutely have to for some reason!

By the way your attorney or his firm should have a PACER account, I would think. Perhaps he could look-up, then 'Save Page As', and then forward to you the PACER status, info. & document(s) you're interested in viewing? I did a 'Save Page As' on approx. 10 or 12 other peoples BK documents - so as to reference them quickly - without having to log back in to PACER.

Best Wishes to you.
                            Last edited by bianci; 08-05-2013, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Hi Purple8, I am so sorry you had this experience. Your's is not the normal happening. And it does seem as if the UST was there as well as Bianci suggested.

Please keep us posted.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X