top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankruptcy, foreclosure and HOA dues....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bankruptcy, foreclosure and HOA dues....

Hi Ya'll!

Been a while and hope everyone is doing well.

Have a question but I'll give some facts first....

Bankruptcy was finalized in Feb of 2010 and I gave up my house.

Foreclosure finally done mid July of 2012.

I have been paying my HOA but now they are saying I still owe July, Aug, and Sep and maybe beyond because it still doesn't show I am not the owner and until it does, I have to pay. I have forwarded the attorneys name, email, and website to them and contacted my mortgage company, who said the sale did happen. I did give them the case number as well.

Question is, do I owe them until it's verifiable the state website, or not????

Thanks for any help!

You owe the HOA until title to the property is out of your name. What about going to the County Recorder's office and checking? Maybe the information is available off the Recorder's web site. You could also try the County Assessor or County Treasurer. If this was by judicial foreclosure a trip to the courthouse might be in order. Of course, I am assuming you still live near such things. If not, maybe you know someone who can check for you.

Des.

Comment

Exactly. Check your Recorder of Deeds or other agency that handles property records. I had a similar issue, but mine was after the sale of one of my homes. After the sale, the title agent "forgot" to payoff the mortgage or pay the HOA. The HOA informed me that until the title is changed, it is still mine. I had the issue correctly rather quickly.

Please remember that some State/County web sites are "slow" to update! I know that my county in Florida is about 10 days behind with Public records. You may need to visit the County Recorder.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X